Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
12thman1979
Streaming Star

Re: Black screen tcl roku tv

Jump to solution

@RokuMary-F 

NO ONE HAS REPORTED THAT WORKING!!!

WHY IS THAT ALWAYS THE RESPONSE???

IT DOES NOT WORK!!!

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @12thman1979,

We appreciate your post.

If you've tried all steps, you may be experiencing a hardware issue. Your best bet would be to contact the TV manufacturer directly to see if they can help or give you warranty options.

You can locate their support contact information here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Manufacturer-Support-Warranty-Resources/Contacting-Support-for-Your-Ro...
Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SunnySmoothe
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuMary-F wrote:

Hi @SunnySmoothe,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

If you are having an issue with your Roku TV screen going black but can still hear the audio, customers have reported that unplugging your device for 5-10 minutes then plugging the Roku TV back resolves the issue.

We suggest that if the issue still persists, please contact TCL support yet to inquire further to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

You can reach them here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Thanks,

Mary

Unplugged for 10 minutes about 20 times and still didn't work

Checked the power cable, check the surge protector, replug into a different outlet.. didn't work

Did the reset with the remote controller and didn't work

Kicked it a few times in the back didn't work

Finally contacted the manufacturer TCL whom gave me the run around because the TV is out of warranty 

Finally called a electronic recycle company and scheduled a pickup for this TV which cost me $25 as it's a worthless piece of junk

jlc05

Jump to solution

I just called them this weekend. I’ve had the same problem. My TV is maybe three years old. A week ago it was fine and now the screen is black. The representative was reading off a script and everything he told me to do I already did a week prior to calling him I was so aggravated trying to figure it out that it took me a week before I could call them after trying to problem solve myself. I told the rep and the supervisor that there is nothing but complaints about the specific model with the specific issue and they basically told me oh well the limited warranty was only for a year there’s nothing we can do. Roku please reconsider who you do business with because they do not stand behind their product and I will never buy another TCL TV again. 

Jump to solution

Can you send details on the TCON board and whether it worked? DId you install yourself or take it to a shop?

0 Kudos
ronpar65
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Companies have a way of making stuff they make stop working so they can sell you a brand spanking new one! All they have to do is give you a bad update to download! That is all it takes! They do the same on their streaming boxes! Tank the memory with their 3rd party trackers, that gives them a bunch of cold hard cash to spy on us. so all the memory is tanked out and the devices can't function as intended, cause all sorts of play back issues! Screens blacking out after a few minutes! Those screens take memory to work properly as well! They say you have a bad part on your TV? I bet not, I bet that tons of people have the same TV's and theirs is doing the exact same thing as Yours? Why? Because they as well did the ole software update, just as You did, if you didn't, then the company that made your device did, without you knowing it. We've been sold out, to a bunch of  spineless tracking jellyfish, who has to know every aspect of our lives! and in doing so, they tank out the memory our devices needs! Well, I could careless if they track me, my life isn't anything special, the least these companies could do is send us a new device/TV, free of charge with a ton of memory, so they can please both the Spineless jellyfish and us, LOL! but we know after they get our money, they could careless about us! Just saying! just like my last post you deleted ROKU! Do so with this one if you like! Or be a man and face the truth so all can see. You have done those that made you rich, just like all the other companies that sells their devices, done us dirty! Shame on you all!

Shikys90
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

They literally said if you don’t have warranty. My Tv is 2 & 2 months old.

Tylisa_E

Roku Tv Black Screen With Sound

Jump to solution

My Roku tv is only allowing me to hear my sound and showing a black screen. When I turn it on it flashes Roku white and then goes dim and you can barely see the screen. I know it wasn’t the brightness because I turned on accessibility and turned it up. I’ve tried factory resetting the tv and everything nothing is working thus far. Please someone help. 

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Tv Black Screen With Sound

Jump to solution

@Tylisa_E wrote:

My Roku tv is only allowing me to hear my sound and showing a black screen. When I turn it on it flashes Roku white and then goes dim and you can barely see the screen. I know it wasn’t the brightness because I turned on accessibility and turned it up. I’ve tried factory resetting the tv and everything nothing is working thus far. Please someone help. 

First, setting some expectations. Roku provided the software that the smart TV you have is using. Roku didn't build the TV. That's not to say the issue isn't with Roku software, but it's more likely to be a hardware issue, based on what I'm reading in the report.

Provide information about the TV, including brand, model, and if you are able to use the menu, the Roku model number and Software version. Settings > System > About

@RokuKariza-D or @RokuDanny-R may be able to assist or suggest with that provided information.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
kh11
Reel Rookie

Re: Re red logo page screen flash then black ?

Jump to solution

My Tv  after two years  also went black.  All  I could get was  sound. I called TCL  customer service and  the  situation  got  worse. The person on the line gave me instructions for a factory reset . Now the screen is still black and now no sound.  This tv was  bought in 2019 so of course the warranty  is gone and all the person on the line could say is sorry we can't  help you.  I have another  smaller  Roku tv in the home that i bought this year. After reading   everyone's comments here, I will assume that  one will die in two  years too I only wish I would have seen this page   beforehand  I  would have never bought  this other tv. its like throwing  away money.

0 Kudos