Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chanelli

Black screen

Jump to solution

My tv powers on to a black screen but it makes sounds! I need this resolved as soon as possible to catch up on my shows. I’ve unplugged it and showered it off. Nothing works. HELP 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Tv Black Screen With Sound

Jump to solution

@Tylisa_E @Chanelli 

Thanks for the post.

Some Community users have reported that they unplugged their Roku TV for 5-10 minutes then plugged it back in and the issue was resolved. We would recommend trying that to see if that resolves the issue you are seeing.

If you are still experiencing an issue, we would suggest contacting your Roku TV manufacturer to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DDW
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

You are screwed, especially if you have a TCL TV.  Hate to be blunt but this screen blackout is a really **bleep** customer experience for tens of thousands of Roku TV owners across the country.   I would love to sue TCL.   

kh11
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I called tlc and they could not help. It is a shame that the tv just went black all on its own without any damage. It must have had its own defect. I think I am going to return the new one I bought because it probably won't last either

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@kh11

Thanks for the post.

If you are having an issue with your Roku TV screen going black but can still hear the audio, customers have reported that unplugging your device for 5-10 minutes then plugging the Roku TV back resolves the issue. Have you tried to see if that helps what you are seeing?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
12thman1979
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 
NO ONE SAYS THAT WORKS!!!!!

There is no fix for this and it is incredibly common. I bought three TCL televisions at the same time and two of them had the same failure within 18 months. No support at all from TCL.

12thman1979
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@kh11 Be sure to contact your local AG’s office, that’s the only way anything will be done about TCL knowingly selling **bleep** televisions with an extremely common critical failure.

12thman1979
Streaming Star

Re: Black screen tcl roku tv

Jump to solution

@SunnySmoothe Contact your AG’s office. The only way anything will be done is if enough people complain to their AG about TCL knowingly and willfully selling faulty televisions to the public.

12thman1979
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@DDW Be sure to let your AG’s office know what happened! That’s the only way TCL will see any real consequences for ripping off American consumers.

12thman1979
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@RokuMary-F I have to assume you are completely aware that it is a TCL television issue and not a Roku issue.

I have to assume that you all are also completely aware that TCL gives zero **bleep**s about repairing or replacing any television older than 12 months even though all of these failures happen in less than 24 months.

So what exactly is the point of this response?