Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: How can I Stream longer than 4 hours

Jump to solution

@DLW988

Thanks for the post.

In addition to making sure the bandwidth saver is turned off, please be aware that the newest Roku OS 10.5 has added a new Power item in Settings > System menu for some Roku models. If you have this Power item, under Auto power savings see if deactivating After 20 minutes of no interaction fixes the problem.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jentink
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

hey roku guys: the bandwidth fix does nothing

jentink
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

fixing the bandwidth and the power settings does nothing to prevent youtube to ask "are you still watching" after 4-5 hours.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@jentink

Then that's probably the YouTube app asking, not the Roku OS. Google would have to address that. If you don't get the question while streaming other sites, then it's not the Roku asking.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Meodee
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@atc98092this has been going on for a long time. Lets get with the program. All you ARMCHAIR ROKU guys have the same excuse, must be this, must be that, Who cares about the BANDSAVER on or off. Our TV is on 24-7-365, Please don't make excuses for supporting the product. This thread is endless because the software was never changed.

Krysdavar

Jump to solution

This has been a Roku problem since we've had a Roku.  We have 2 of them, one newer, the other older, and both timeout after 5 hours even after removing the "save stream memory feature" or whatever it's called.  I need to have a tv on to sleep and it's annoying waking up in the middle of the night every night to either turn it back on or go back to menu then back to show that was on to "keep it awake for another 5 hours".  This is for the Xfinity app.  Firestick does not do this at all and Xfinity app came out on Firestick years after already being on the Roku.  Time to pick it up a notch or we won't buy a Roku again.  This is the only thing preventing us from purchasing another, really sucks because I like how much easier it is to navigate on the Roku compared to Firestick!

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

You can't compare the Xfinity app on the Firestick with the one on the Roku. Two different programming languages, most likely created by completely different programmers. And I agree about the Fire TV interface. I just came home from my daughter's house, helping them set up a new TV. I really don't like the Fire TV UI. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
EStaley
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@KMiler, we have a Roku LE and disabled bandwidth saver, and tried watching a cartoon series on Tubi, as you suggest, but it still quit playing and went back to Roku home at some point while we were at work.  (We have dogs, that are used to having the TV on while we're at work.)  Are you using a Roku device, or are you using a smart TV with Roku built in?  If a Roku device, which model?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
jentink
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I installed 'youtube-nonstop' extension on a chrome browser on one of my desktops yesterday (same youtube login as my roku tv's), and youtube played all night last night.

fix? ymmv

Meodee
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Some of my family members use ROKU as for me it doesn't support 24-7 TV without intervention. Was a great product when it first came out.

0 Kudos