Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LSeeber
Channel Surfer

Re: How can I Stream longer than 4 hours

Jump to solution

So I had no trouble finding the bandwidth saver setting and turned it off.  Have double checked to make sure it's off. Now it stops streaming even sooner.  After just a couple of episodes. What gives???

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@LSeeber what channel is this happening with? It's possible that it's something specific to the channel, and out of the control of the Roku settings. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
LSeeber
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thus far it's happening on Prime, Philo, Disney+, Acorn. Pretty much anything that I stream thru any app that I've tried since I changed it 2 days ago to Bandwidth Saver Off.

0 Kudos
KMiler
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

It isn't Roku causing this, it is the streaming channels themselves. The only one I have found that stays on is Tubi. Netflix pauses if you watch a  series after an hour or so, but when that happens, you can click on the option to stream without asking again, then it just keeps going.

0 Kudos
Jpierce71

Jump to solution

This doesn't work. I have the bandwidth saver turned off on 2 tvs and it still asks every 4 hours. It's frustrating because I leave my TV on all night. I'd just like it to stay running unless I tell it to stop. 

Meodee
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@Jpierce71This thread has a long history, 8 pages. The only answers on how you can supposedly correct this has only been answered by "Home Experts" I have since moved on to "FIRE" due to this issue. I loved my Roku but the problem was never corrected. Good Luck!

ODee

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Jpierce71 if the problem exists with Bandwidth Saver disabled, then it's the channel itself that is asking, not the Roku itself. Unless that channel is one of the two that Roku themselves provide (Roku Media Player or The Roku Channel), then there's nothing Roku can do about it. You would need to contact that provider and ask if that can be disabled. However, don't expect them to say yes. They don't want to use bandwidth streaming to a TV that no one is watching. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
KMiler
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

You have only fixed it on Roku. It's the individual channels that are the problem. Netflix, YouTube, and lots of others have the 4 hour issue themselves and will ask if you are still watching. Roku can't fix that. But I found a Roku channel that stays on without asking - Tubi. I hope that helps.

0 Kudos
Meodee
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@KMilerThe earlier versions of RoKu did not include "bandwith saver" Before that update most channels did not shut off after 4 hours. There are some that do though, Using You-Tube TV on "FIRE" some days it will stay on for 24 hours, some days 12. If you switch channels on "FIRE" during that period it will stay on forever. 

0 Kudos
DLW988

Jump to solution

That doesn't work I have my bandwidth turned off and it still shuts off after 4 hours try again 

Let me address it's every time the Roku device updates is when I have this problem they just need to leave it alone and let the customer decide whether they want the TV on or off it should be up to them (Roku)

So in the next update they should put that in there so the customer or owner of the device has the option to have it on or off!!! thank you

0 Kudos