Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lsukip

50" ONN Roku TV stuck in boot loop

I turned on my Onn Roku TV for the first time in a while. It came to a screen that said it needed a firmware upgrade. I told it to upgrade firmware and when it rebooted, it shows the Onn Roku TV screen for about 15 seconds and then reboots again.  I have looked everywhere and can't find a reset button. It was a cheap tv, but I had hoped it would last more than a year. Help!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
jchoate
Reel Rookie

Re: 50" ONN Roku TV stuck in boot loop

I am having the exact same issue with the same TV. Started today. I didn't see when it started but based on the behavior, I suspected it might be an update/upgrade problem. After reading your post, it sounds very likely 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @lsukip@jchoate,

Thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you sharing your concern with us about your Roku TV being stuck in rebooting. Let's find the best resolution and get you back on streaming.

For us to help you better, we will ask a set of questions to isolate the issue:

• When did the issue start?
  • What is your device's OS version?
  • Are you encountering any error codes or messages?
  • Could you send us a photo of the said issue?
  • What specific troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue?

For troubleshooting purposes, we recommend factory resetting your TV by pressing and holding the button firmly for about 10 seconds. When the factory reset is complete, an indicator light or status LED will blink rapidly on most Roku devices.

Located on the back or bottom of your device, the physical Reset button is either tactile or a pinhole design that requires a straightened paper clip. It will appear similar to one of the following:

Visit our Support article for more information about how to system restart or factory reset your Roku TV or streaming device.

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jchoate
Reel Rookie

Thank you for the response. I actually contacted the Onn customer service and was advised where the reset button was (on the rear accessible from the side. Right next to the USB port). After holding it down about 20 seconds the TV reset and it's again functional.

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for letting us know about this, @jchoate.

We are grateful for your patience, effort, and understanding in resolving this issue, and we are more than glad that it has been resolved.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jchoate
Reel Rookie

Correction-  DIDN'T WORK!

It appeared to have worked. I put in the WiFi info. It downloaded an update. Then it restarted.  After restarting, it sat on the Logo screen for an extended period. Auto-restarted once or twice, the went back into boot loop. The behavior reminds of a failed update. Is there a USB image of the firmware available for me to install using that method? I feel like that might be the problem.

Onn will be sending the firmware so I can try to install it through USB. I will report back if that solves the problem

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.