Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lkbass

So.eone else controlling my tv

My tv will randomly turn on and then the screen will go to searching the input screen...what can I do to fix it

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: So.eone else controlling my tv

Hi @Lkbass,

Thanks for your first post to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about the behavior you've encountered with your Roku TV, which will randomly turn on and go to the searching input screen.

We are interested in learning more about the problem you are experiencing, and may we know;

• What brand is your Roku TV? (Hisense, TCL, ONN, Select Series, Pro, Series, Plus Series, etc.)
  • When did you notice the issue occur?
  • Are there any changes in the setup or settings of your Roku device or your network provider that might cause the problem?
  • Are you making sure to return to the Home screen when you are done streaming content to ensure that the Roku TV is no longer streaming?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue?

Note: Please make sure that you go back to Home after streaming. Your physical remote should also be out of reach to prevent anyone from accidentally touching the buttons to turn it on, and if you have a Roku mobile app, please ensure that it is closed on your phone to prevent it from unintentionally turning on your Roku device.

Feel free to keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.