Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My TV screen or lights or something are broken

Jump to solution

My screen broke yesterday and it's terrible. It's not just flickering, the entire part that's affected lags as well. I thought I fixed it last night by unplugging it and plugging ut back in which fixed it apparently for a couple hours, but the issue started back up again. I have a Sanyo Roku TV btw and I genuinely don't know why it broke because it was like that when I got home from work. Everything else is fine, but the screen is.... Not. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My TV screen or lights or something are broken

Jump to solution

Hi @BeesHaveKnees,

Thanks for your first post to the Roku Community!

We understand you are having trouble with your Roku TV. Thanks for the steps you took to resolve it.

In regard to this, we recommend performing a factory reset on your Roku TV using the physical button located on the back or bottom of your device. Once you find the Reset button, press and hold it firmly for about 10 seconds.

The physical reset button is either tactile or has a pinhole design that requires a straightened paperclip. It will appear similar to one of the following:

Visit our Support article for more information about how to system restart or factory reset your Roku TV or streaming device.

Suppose the issue persists after trying these steps. In that case, we suggest contacting your TV manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support, as it may be related to a hardware problem. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for its products running the Roku OS.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturer's contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV.

Please keep us posted, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My TV screen or lights or something are broken

Jump to solution

Hi @BeesHaveKnees,

Thanks for your first post to the Roku Community!

We understand you are having trouble with your Roku TV. Thanks for the steps you took to resolve it.

In regard to this, we recommend performing a factory reset on your Roku TV using the physical button located on the back or bottom of your device. Once you find the Reset button, press and hold it firmly for about 10 seconds.

The physical reset button is either tactile or has a pinhole design that requires a straightened paperclip. It will appear similar to one of the following:

Visit our Support article for more information about how to system restart or factory reset your Roku TV or streaming device.

Suppose the issue persists after trying these steps. In that case, we suggest contacting your TV manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support, as it may be related to a hardware problem. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for its products running the Roku OS.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturer's contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV.

Please keep us posted, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.