Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Uvafan65
Reel Rookie

Re: [OS 11.0] Can't run channel. Needs to be reinstalled to the network

Jump to solution

Danny,

Is there any way you can restore the previous software revision that was working prior to the latest update?

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Uvafan65,

Thank you for reporting this issue to Roku Community!

Please help us with the required details below for us to send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team, and once more information is available I'll be sure to let the Community know:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-what are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue or error message
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ldmk
Reel Rookie

Re: Can’t run channel error. Roku express 4K, software 11.0 build 4180-CR

Jump to solution

I have experienced the same issues (inability to run any channel & inability to reinstall channel after removal) with my Roku device since Apr 20 software update 

Model 3820-CA - streaming stick 4K

Serial # X01700NVSDUY

Device ID S091419VSDUY

Software O/S version 11.0.0 • build 4180-CU

Example 1 - unable to reinstall netflix after removing channel to see if reinstalling would solve problem: issue ID UY-161-001 (same situation occurred with Disney+, and I suspect any channel I now remove)

Example 2 - unable to run Global TV channel ID UY-161-003 (same situation occurred with Netflix and Disney+ prior to channel removal per above example 1)

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
Grandkids11
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

277895023_1382512638878041_8226477214038780436_n.jpg277895023_1382512638878041_8226477214038780436_n.jpg

0 Kudos
Jayhwkfn
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I worry they wont have an actual fix, they keep just responding with the same question of “send us xxxx info”.  I basically have two bricked devices now

Alixoops
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Two days without device, no way to watch our Paid Subscriptions. Day before update outage we bought a Roku tv, thank goodness still in the box so can return it. Just have to take the hit for the two Roku devices which are useless. Good luck hope you get better customer service!

ldmk
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

I have experienced the same issues (inability to run any channel & inability to reinstall channel after removal) with my Roku device since Apr 20 software update 

Model 3820-CA - streaming stick 4K

Serial # X01700NVSDUY

Device ID S091419VSDUY

Software O/S version 11.0.0 • build 4180-CU

Example 1 - unable to reinstall netflix after removing channel to see if reinstalling would solve problem: issue ID UY-161-001 (same situation occurred with Disney+, and I suspect any channel I now remove)

Example 2 - unable to run Global TV channel ID UY-161-003 (same situation occurred with Netflix and Disney+ prior to channel removal per above example 1)

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
Jeffery452
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

All

Yesterday 4/21/2022 I was told to do a system update to version 11.0.0 build 5003.  I tried to update to version 11.0.0 Build 5003 many times.  I could see that that update was available, but it wouldn't download.  I tried this morning and still couldn't get it.  I tried a few hours ago and was finally successful.  Everything now seems to be working fine on my 4660X Roku Ultra.  Since I did a hard reset on my device when I was trouble shooting, I've had the unwelcome duty to reregister to all of my stations which is a major pain, but since I'm working again, all's good.  I don't know if this solution will work on other Roku models.  I hope the rest of you have the same success ASAP.  Good luck and thanks to @RokuDanny-R for his help in finding the solution.    

0 Kudos
Mich78
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am worried about the same thing and I am getting pretty agitated at this point. 

Kpsl
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku TV 8121X

TcL model# 32S331

Serial# YK00DD085156

Software version 11.0.0 build 4180-48

Device ID NPN05D085156

Same issue. I've googled and tried all fixes.  Last was a factory reset.  Still no channels, still same message.  A roku stick and another roku device in home all working for others.  My roku tv not at all.  Dont think I'll be getting another.  Any help greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos