Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PkoZazueta

I can't add private channel by code

Since yesterday, Friday the 11th, I cannot add channels by code, I click on Add Channel and it only appears Loading but it does not add it or an error appears, it simply does nothing, it has happened to someone, I need to try a channel but it does not allow me to add it by code

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I can't add private channel by code

Are you sure the code is valid?  Private channels were completely removed several months ago.  The only channels that require a code are beta channels that were created since private channels were eliminated.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

Of course I am sure that the code is valid, minutes before I created the Beta Channel but when I wanted to add it it did nothing, just as I wanted to unlink a Roku from my account and it did not unlink either, apparently the Add channel by code buttons do not work even in my account to unlink a roku when before I was asking if you really want to unlink

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Well you might have mentioned that it's your code and that it's a beta channel.  People come on here with a code they found on the Internet from years ago and wonder why it doesn't work.  If you're a developer this really belongs in the developer forum.

I just tried it with a couple of my own and the the only one that worked was one of my channels that's in the Channel Store.  No beta channel or unpublished channel worked.  The Roku web team has always been horrendous.  You should take it up with Partner Success, but given their uselessness the last time I contacted them don't hold your breath.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos