Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JJAT2164

Pluto TV keeps recycling to home screen after App update.

Jump to solution

Pluto updated app, and now it cycle back to the home screen.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times, factory reset the TV.

App doesn't work on all my Roku TVs.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Pluto TV keeps recycling to home screen after App update.

Jump to solution

Hello Community users,

Thank you for bringing the issue of playing content on the Pluto TV channel to our attention. Our Roku team is working closely with the Pluto channel team to resolve this problem. 

We value your feedback and will continue to pass it along to the relevant team. If you have any questions or additional feedback, please let us know.

To ensure better visibility, we’ll mark this post as solved.

We appreciate your patience and your continued involvement in our community.

Best regards,
The Roku Community Team

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

96 REPLIES 96
jricha1581

Re: my Pluto channel is not working on any roku device in my home

Jump to solution

This solution does not work.

jricha1581

Jump to solution

Switch to Firestick...it works there.  I've given up on trying to get Pluto on ROKU.

0 Kudos
MikeK3
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Agreed with all other postings.  Pluto TV not working on Roku.  Just bounces back to the home screen.  I have three Roku devices.  All different models.  Not working on all three.  Uninstalling and reinstalling does not fix the problem.  The problem is with Roku or the Pluto app not the end users.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I just tried it, and it works for me.  I'm not signed in, so I don't know if that makes a difference.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @JJAT2164,

Thanks for sharing in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out regarding the issue with Pluto TV kicking back to the home screen after an app update and attempting troubleshooting steps to resolve it. We are pleased to assist you.

We would be happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more detailed information. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Pluto TV channel version/build (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)

Once we have this information, we will pass it along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.
In the meantime, your patience and understanding is much appreciated.

We also recommend contacting the channel provider. Please follow up with them directly and tell them what troubleshooting steps you’ve already attempted.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
paonet

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem. I just installed a new Roku Express 4K Plus and I cannot get Pluto TV to load properly. It jumps back to the home screen after launching. I have another Roku Express 4K Plus on another TV and it works fine. They each have the same version of Pluto TV, however, the working Roku has a different software build.

Hotterman2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same issue for me on multiple Rokus. Removed and reloaded app. Made sure roku is running latest software. 

MSNAuburn
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same here. I’ve been communicating with Pluto support for 2 days, but so far no progress. It’s pretty clear the recent update has broken something, at least with Rokus. I’ve done all the troubleshooting suggested but it still fails. Maybe they should push the prior version as an option for us until this can be resolved. 

MikeK3
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Still not working here.  I think it might be an intermittent issue.  Worked a few days ago, and now isn't working.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.