Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavieDude

Re: Pluto TV keeps recycling to home screen after App update.

Jump to solution

FYI: I have the Roku 4230X SW Ver. 13.1.4 build 1510-04. Frustrated with YouTube issues on my device, I decided to try Factory resetting it. Afterwards I reloaded the channels, including Pluto. It appears to be ver. 5.37 build 7. Attempting to open the Pluto app is doing exactly what others have stated; logo, then back to home screen

0 Kudos
LMcCaw
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Well... I just purchased a new ROKU TV. Got it home, installed it and it updated all the channels. Now Pluto just crashes out to the home screen. Initial splash screen, "secondary" splash screen, black screen then crashes out to the home screen.  What sucks, it triggered all my other devices to update, which caused Pluto to stop working on them now too. So, on TV's with built in Roko, and those with stand alone Roku streamers.. none of them work. Roll back to the previous version.

Uninstalling, restarting, reinstalling did not help. Thats what brought me here to see what else to try. 

Sheese.  

SmokingJoe
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

We need real answers from Roku's Corporate Office. They must know what is happening. Yet, no one answers.

DalTex
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My Pluto TV app stopped working as of today, 09/14/2024 and therefore, it is NOT solved as you indicated. Does ROKU and plutotv not care about it's customers.subscribers. This is very poor customer service on both their parts, especially ROKU. People buy your products in good faith only to get very poor customer service in return. This issue should have been resolved by now.

BigScheff
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Help! As of Sunday September 8th, 2024 Pluto no longer works on ANY of my ROKU devices. Only my PC's and Cell Phones.

Model: 4230X- Roku 3

Serial number: 5G461T021940

Software Version: 13.1.4  Build 1510-04

GC Version: 12.1.17

Timestamp: 2024-09-15T02:10:57Z

ISSUE ID 40-371-650

johndcundiff@yahoo.com NO PLUTO TV??? WHY

Frío
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

From my call into Roku the other day, I received a follow-up email from their customer support yesterday. It said to respond within 3 days or it will be marked solved. I responded within 3 minutes with our concerns and a link to this community post. I haven't heard a word, so I responded once again a few mins ago to the same support email which has a case# attached to it. I let them know what the problem is and exactly how we're feeling about their lack of service. We'll see if they reply.

Meanwhile, I haven't received a response back from the community moderator, Emmanuel-D (?), as everyone can see. I asked him how he and other moderators would be using this information, then someone new chimes in. I don't think we should be giving them any more sensitive information until/if we ever hear from Roku. W/ all the information stealing going on in the world, we can never be too safe. Our remotes/units have microphones just like all our devices w/ bluetooth capabilities, they could be patching in and grabbing what they can. May be unlikely, but, as we never know like the trust we put in Roku and breached businesses, this is an example of why safety is always first. Be safe out there, community; and, let's keep working together to solve this issue since no one else seemingly has our backs!

SmokingJoe
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

6 days now and Pluto tv is still broke. Roku doe not care. 

Ronbo15
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I thought I'd keep the thread going. Pluto TV not still not loading on 4 ROKU devices. Did all the reinstalls/update tests. Pluto TV works fine on other devices. 

0 Kudos
Frío
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Omg...its back up folks! Check yours and let us know!

BigScheff
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the posting Frio!! I got mine working again.. I had to update the channel again, but FINALLY, it works.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.