Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JLNAuras

Youtube account isnt working but others are

Jump to solution

I have 3 accounts all connected on my roku. 2 of them work with no issue. The main one keeps giving an error message saying "something" went wrong. I've deleted the app and downloaded it again, and have reset the roku (just not a factory reset) and made sure everything was up to date. So what else can I do?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMaryEF
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Youtube account isnt working but others are

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

We wanted to update you regarding the issue some users experienced with accessing the YouTube channel on Roku devices. We believe that the issue has been resolved.

If you are still encountering issues related to accessing the YouTube channel, here are a couple of steps you can take:

1. Search the Community: Take a moment to explore the Roku Community forums. You might find another thread discussing the same problem with the latest updates and solutions.

2. Start a New Thread: If you cannot find an existing thread that addresses your specific issue, please feel free to start a new one! This will help us gather more details about your situation and provide personalized assistance.

We are here to assist you. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you need further help or have additional questions.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,
The Roku Community Team

Mary E.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @JLNAuras 

Greetings, and welcome to the Roku Community.

Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern here. We'd be happy to assist. We understand that the YouTube app gives you the "something went wrong" error code when you try to access your main YouTube account. Please be aware that we are currently looking into this issue. We would recommend following the troubleshooting listed below and see if that helps.

• Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  • Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.
  • Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

If the problem persists, please provide additional details.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • YouTube channel version
  • Is it working on other devices, such as phones, tablets, and computers?

We would also recommend contacting the channel support team for additional assistance.

You can reach their support at YouTube | Help.

Note: We will be marking this case as resolved for visibility with the other affected users.

Thanks,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have the exact same issue, which only started today (7/10/24).

0 Kudos
Chosen2worship
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same thing is happening to me 

0 Kudos
JEC41

Jump to solution

Same....ugh

0 Kudos
MCan56

Jump to solution

Same here, but only my primary profile. Secondary account loads just fine. 

jontalk
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@JLNAurasI've noticed issues with YT not syncing to the web account as well. Based on what others have posted its clear Google has issues with YT..While I can't be sure, I doubt they've updated it to accommodate Roku OS 13 either

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Was watching a video and backed out was brought to login screen my main account won't log in but my 3 other accounts will 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Same here 3 of my other accounts will work including 1 on the same email but not my main with premium 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings Community users,

We appreciate you for keeping us informed about this ongoing issue. We would like to gather more information about it to understand the situation better.

Please provide with us the details below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • YouTube channel version
  • Is it working on other devices, such as phones, tablets, and computers?

Once we have this information, we'll be able to forward this to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

We'll be looking forward to your update.

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.