Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SteveM2020
Reel Rookie

Problem with Youtube app needing me to login everytime.

I'm older. Often have trouble sleeping at night. Typically, watch Youtube after I go to bed.

The last 3-4 days when I wake up in the night my Roku TV has shut down. No problem... this is expected.

I launch the Youtube app again, and now I have to scan some code, or some square thing with code, or try and login with my cellphone....

How many people do you know who wear their glasses to bed? I can't see the fine print on the screen, and I can't read my phone either without my glasses. So, I can't login to my YouTube account again.

Over the last 8 years, I've never had a problem turning on my Roku TV and watching Youtube. I never once, had to get up in the middle of the night to log back in to Youtube.

I need to get another TV for my living room. I wouldn't mind a Roku TV for the living room, but if this is an indication of how things are going now with Roku, I need recommendations of other smart TV that can load apps and doesn't go bad like this.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Problem with Youtube app needing me to login everytime.

Roku didn't create the Youtube app, Google did.  Roku has absolutely nothing to do with how it works.  I'm not a big Youtube user, but I've never logged into it.  I don't know what that gets you, but maybe it's not necessary?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
SteveM2020
Reel Rookie

Thank you. I'll see if I can find a way to contact them about the issue. I'm glad to hear it isn't a Roku issue.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @SteveM2020 

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

Channels on Roku are directly managed and handled by the channel providers themselves. In this case, Google manages the YouTube app on Roku. Thus, any issues with their app especially on how it's build must be directly raised to Google so that they can acknowledge your concern, and it will be addressed by their support team.

For more information, you can contact them at YouTube Support

We hope you find this information useful, and feel free to let us know if you have further concerns or inquiries.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.