Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sierradane
Binge Watcher

Re: Youtube Not Connecting despite excellent WiFi strength

Jump to solution

If that's the case (and it might be), it would be nice if they'd just tell us that instead of giving out the same generic solution that doesn't work.

Jump to solution

Ditto. 4 Roku TVs, Youtube is the only app that won't connect. Youtube from a desktop and laptop are fine. No updates to either the Roku itself or the Youtube app. 

Balkor
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yeah I just got word that it's an issue on their end, so it's just a matter of waiting 

MrX19063
Reel Rookie

YouTube problem on both ROKU AND Chromecast - Problem probably on YouTube's end

Jump to solution

Just an update that the problem everyone is having with YouTube not loading on ROKU is also happening on my Chromecast so I'm inclined to believe the problem is on YouTube's end. All my other apps work fine on both devices.

0 Kudos
DavidB2
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm in Houston, add me to this list of YouTube not working.  YouTube works fine on my PC and my SmartPhone.  The Roku has NO problem with any other channels.  I have reset it multiple times and unplugged it several times.  I have uninstalled YouTube and reinstalled.  It was working an hour ago.  Then the Not Connected error came up.  At that time, it let me check the connections.  But a few minutes later, it got worse.  Now it locks up when I select YouTube.  I have to click back to the main menu with the Home button.

I was about to order a replacement when I ran across this thread.  So now I have to wait. What i don't understand is why it's only on the Roku when I have no problems on my PC or SmartPhone.

patrickd314
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same issue, many subscribers simultaneously.  This is a systemic problem.

It occurs on both of my devices.

Connection is fine, Netflix, etc., work well.

0 Kudos
sick-tired

Jump to solution

I have the same problem. I think this is happening because they want us to buy a new roku system. It's all about greed. I am so sick of it. And in addition to this problem that seems to occur every time they want you to buy the latest device is, there is no actual customer tech support. No human being you can talk to. I am sick and tired of roku. I think I am just going to use my tv for streaming, it's new enough to where I don't have to have that **bleep** roku device anymore.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No Connection Message Spam

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

We are aware of a playback issue on Youtube Channel preventing streaming content. We are working quickly with the channel partner team to resolve this service interruption.

In the meantime, we would recommend using Airplay or screen mirroring from a mobile device to access the channel.

We ask that you bear with us as we manage this issue. 

Best regards,
Mary

tomt1

Jump to solution

Same problem.  Tried resetting options without luck.  Looks like a widespread problem!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I left it on the no connection screen for a couple minutes it loaded but i wasn't signed in after

0 Kudos