Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Balkor
Reel Rookie

Youtube Not Connecting despite excellent WiFi strength

Jump to solution

For some reason my Roku won't play youtube. i click on it, it loads for a few seconds, then tells me that i'm not connected, idk what to do?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: No Connection Message Spam

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for your patience.

We believe this issue is now resolved. We would recommend checking to see if you are still experiencing an issue with the Youtube channel. If you are still seeing an issue occur, we would recommend removing the channel, restarting your Roku device, and then adding the channel back again.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

98 REPLIES 98
Muse3sqrd

Re: Youtube Not Connecting despite excellent WiFi strength

Jump to solution

Having same issue. Following to see if you get answers.  I have check all things deleted and reloaded You tube. Get same no connectivity message

s1n1ster

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue, I have done the system reset, removed the channel then re-added, checked the other channels and they are working fine.

BeardDaddy

Jump to solution

im having the same issue. i’m trying to go to YouTube but it keeps saying I’m not connected to Wi-Fi but I am. I even tried restarting my Wi-Fi router and even my Roku TV but still nothing… all other apps work just not YouTube for some reason

RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Balkor

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Does the issue only occur on YouTube or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

Have you tried removing the affected channel YouTube and then re-install again? If not, we suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link for more information: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Skunk
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Same, maybe Roku and YouTube are fighting again.

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue even with excellent WiFi signal strength. Must be some kind of problem with Roku!

Gmwells

Jump to solution

I have tried on all 3 of my Roku devices... Same issue. I get the internet not connected message. My internet IS connected and everything else work except YouTube tv and YouTube apps

Skunk
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

If you have any pull at roku or YouTube, please look into this.  Every other app works except YouTube and that’s across 3 different Rokus.

tommarker
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same problem here.  All of the usual troubleshooting steps (hard reset tv and router, reinstall app, confirm other devices work, etc) were not successful in resolving.

Looks like this has happened before

(https://community.roku.com/t5/Channels-viewing/YouTube-TV-not-working-App-keeps-freezing-after-lates...)