Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: YouTube TV appearance problem

Jump to solution

Hi @Marcsman,

Warm greetings from the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to investigate further this issue that you're having with the YouTube channel. May we know what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far? Is this the only channel that you're having issues with?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
thajude
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same problem. Tried everything, nothing worked. Picture is all black and slightly orange, unwatchable. 

I can see you're trying to help us RokuJohnB--thank you! But can you stop asking questions like a specific show it's happening on or asking us if we've tried the things already listed and maybe investigate if there's something y'all can do to investigate on your end?

jcaparula
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Just adding my two cents that I've been experiencing this exact issue for several months now. Home page on YTTV pixelates badly as I scroll down, sometimes disappearing altogether. No issues on Library or Guide screens, or on other non-Roku devices. Tried the Uninstall/Reboot/Reinstall as well to no avail.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @thajude @jcaparula

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention, and we would be more than glad to assist. We see that you're having an issue with YouTube TV. Since it is only happening to a specific channel and troubleshooting steps have been performed to no avail, we'll collect some critical information necessary to be forwarded to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. Kindly provide the following information.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What channel and what version/build is the channel that is having the issue? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue,

We look forward to hearing back from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jcaparula
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Well of course, since my post the issue has not occured; however, I did manage to snap a picture of it a couple days ago (see attached). Here is the other info requested:

Device model: 4660X - Roku Ultra

Serial #: YJ006F960388

Device ID: CK3936960388

Software/OS version: 12.5.5 - build 4174-46

YTTV version 2.22 - build 110005580

20240130_210933.jpg

If the issue occurs again I will provide the Tracker ID info. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @thajude

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We're grateful for your efforts in providing the information we've requested. We'll take note of this, and once the issue occurs, keep us updated with the Tracker ID.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jcaparula
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I realized tonight that the issue only seems to occur when video is playing and the Home screen is accessed during playback. I was able to reproduce this and here is the Issue ID: 88-044-801. 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @jcaparula,

Thanks for the response!

We have passed along the additional information to the appropriate Roku team. In the meantime, we appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this matter.

If there's anything else we can further assist you with aside from this, let us know.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jcaparula
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Any updates on this? If anything it has gotten worse recently. Again, it only happens during video playback and I access the YTTV Home screen. When scrolling down it now becomes so pixelated as to be unusable. I do not have this issue on other devices (e.g. Apple TV, Chromecast).    

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @jcaparula!

It is highly appreciated that you've brought this to our attention about the pixelated display you are seeing on the YouTube TV app. No worries! We're here to look closely into this matter and find you the best resolution possible. 

Before we proceed, have you tried the basic troubleshooting method to remove the app (navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel) > perform a system reboot (Settings > System > Power > System restart) > re-install the app (select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel) to see if this will make any difference? If not, we highly suggest it.

In addition, kindly try to highlight the channel tile and press the star (*) button to update it. If the issue persists, kindly provide us with a photo for reference.

We'll be looking forward to your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.