Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Why is ROKU making it hard to connect to Conservative news and commentary stations?

They still have newsmax2 but I like newsmax+ it's like 4.99 a month and first month free they have great news from 3pm to 10pm. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Why is ROKU making it hard to connect to Conservative news and commentary stations?

Talk to Newsmax. They changed the app, not Roku. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Jeshortal

Then why are there channels missing? At least 3 conservative news channels are now gone! Newsmax is gone . I don't see young Turks. Why did roku remove these channels?

0 Kudos
atc98092

Newsmax is not gone. It's still in the Roku channel store. Any changes to functionality of the app is by Newsmax, not Roku. Since you didn't list the other providers, I couldn't look in the channel store for them. But channels are often removed by the provider, not Roku. If there used to be a service that isn't there now, contact the provider. More than likely they removed the channel themselves. 

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Pwow

I am sick and tired of these liberals shoving only far left fake news down our throats. When are they going to wise up and see that probably MORE than half the population are Conservative and they will be losing $$$!

simba2

I thought it was only me. It's a struggle to watch any live daily wire broadcasts via youtube, Tim pool, Joe Rogan etc. Rumble just plain old doesn't work at all. It's super noticeable

Skiff
Streaming Star

Sorry to hear that and thank you for bringing visibility to it. Yes, I see no evidence that Roku has righted the wrong. I opened an issue (NewsMax not in Roku Live TV channel grouping) with Roku in August 2023. They acknowledged and committed to resolve this problem and I'm still waiting. There (in)actions speak volumes. 

0 Kudos
Skiff
Streaming Star

I believe your the "streaming expert" I corresponded with here a year ago. If I'm mistaken, I apologize.

Anyway, the Roku issue I reported in August 2023 that HAS YET TO BE RESOLVED BY ROKU is that NewsMax is not listed in the Roku Live TV news group when I filter on News. Roku support requested I send screen shots, technical version numbers, etc. and acknowledged the problem raised IS AN ISSUE. 

Still waiting 1 year later on this to be fixed. There's no excuse. I'm in IT and this is simple to fix, days not weeks or in my case now over a year. My perception however is that ROKU HAS NO PLANS TO FIX THE ISSUE and they hope CUSTOMERS like me will go away.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@Skiff 

I am currently seeing Newsmax (actually Newsmax2) listed as channel 190 under the "News and Opinion" side category when selected.

Newsmax will no longer be listed under the free LiveTV since it moved to a pay/subscription service, but its replacement Newsmax2 is still available.

---

You are correct that it was initially omitted, but I think it has been resolved now.  The entire guide was a bit of a mess when they first created the side categories, but I kind of chalked it up to incompetence and a rushed debut rather than malice.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Strega2
Roku Guru

@renojim  also posted in March that it looked fixed to him back then.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channels-viewing/NewsMax-channel-not-listed-in-Roku-Live-TV-news-group...

I never use any live guide/live TV stuff so I have no idea myself.

Banned but back. Because why not?
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.