Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Why do random channels start to get added without my consent when I wake up the Roku?

Hi @Eliana

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

How many Roku devices do you own? Does the issue occur on a specific device or all devices in the household? Have you checked if the Roku device is linked to your Roku account where you set up the PIN? To check this, go to Settings>System>About to view the Roku account. 
Keep us posted on what you find out. 

Regards. 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Eliana
Reel Rookie

Re: Why do random channels start to get added without my consent when I wake up the Roku?

I only have one device on one television. That is partly why it’s so confusing.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Why do random channels start to get added without my consent when I wake up the Roku?

@Eliana

Thanks for following up. 

May we ask how constantly the problem occurs? Have you tried to add channels from the websites or the Roku app? Could you also provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About?

We'll be keeping an eye on your update. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Eliana
Reel Rookie

It happens very randomly. This is obviously a problem with the Roku software. Do you per chance work for them? Because I’m starting to feel like I’m getting the runaround from you. I think this is a policy that Roku has instituted and that this is happening on purpose. The main channel which repeatedly is Installed without my permission is the Roku family and children channel. Occasionally, it’s something else. But it’s obvious that it is being pushed from the Roku server.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@Eliana

Thanks for your reply. 

We will look into this further. As requested, could you provide with us the serial number of your Roku device.

Once we have the information, we will be able to assist you further. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Eliana
Reel Rookie

The SN is S02A213ST96M. I have had several units and this one and a Roku TV are the only things that are attached to my account. I never use the Roku TV.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Eliana,

Thanks for taking a moment for sharing your observation.

We understand that there are channels that were being added to your Roku device and we would be more than happy to look further into this issue but will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • How many Roku devices do you have linked to your Roku account? Please be aware that if a channel is added to one Roku device, it will add that channel to all Roku devices that are linked to that Roku account (as long as that Roku device is supported by the channel).
  • Could you provide the specific channels that are being added to your Roku device?
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.