Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Suddenly getting ads on NETFLIX and AMAZON PRIME!

As noted and picture posted earlier, the watch episode (and probably watch movie) button says "Free with Ads". For IMDb, it will also state "xxxx included with your IMDb TV channel" underneath the button.

0 Kudos
Xenabard
Reel Rookie

Re: Suddenly getting ads on AMAZON PRIME!

Yup. At least on Amazon Prime! I was watching a documentary on Prime - not IMDB material & not international content. Suddenly I was hit with a block of 6 ads in consecutive sequence. 

SERIOUSLY Amazon?  I am not paying for Prime to be bombarded with commercials! I can get that on FREE channels!

I am less than thrilled with the dull selection with Netflix lately. All I need to drop my membership is to start being subjected to ads.

I go several months without watching anything on Netflix bc the material I am lookin for - such as movies from the 90’s - isn’t in their library .

And newer stuff? Nope.

i have been with Netflix from the inception but, a predictably, quality hasn’t increased with membership fees.   

0 Kudos
AliCat

Found this thread to search for the same issue with Ramsey’s show. Haven’t watched it in a couple months and very shocked to see ad pop up for 123 seconds in the middle of someone’s sentence. They don’t even use the producer’s ad breaks! Plus, TV-14 so all the cuss words are gone!? Just found it on Film Rise for free and it says TV MA so hopefully we get that good quality Ramsey content! Very disappointed in Amazon Prime video. Like we don’t give them enough money and this show in particular is so old it should be free! 

0 Kudos
nss42

It's weird though because I started watching Schitt's Creek on my laptop and had no ads but then switched to watching it through Roku and the ads came up.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @nss42,

Thanks for the post.

The channel is managed its own content programming, including ads contents on Roku. We suggest you send your feedback to the specific channel partner for their channel.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
zender42

This would be way less infuriating if it wasn't for the fact that A) IMDB is owned by Amazon, and more importantly, B) they're removing ad-free content from Prime Video and moving it to IMDBtv. Apparently, lots of it.

It'd be one thing if this was just adding previously-unavailabe ad-supported content. Taking away ad-free content and making it ad-supported only though is just so incredibly anti-consumer that I can't believe there aren't more people upset about it.

0 Kudos
Arbie46

I’m suddenly getting ads interrupting the video on Prime when watching a British police procedural called Murder City.  One of the reasons I got Prime was for the ad free videos.  I may drop my membership over this.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@Arbie46 wrote:

I’m suddenly getting ads interrupting the video on Prime when watching a British police procedural called Murder City.  One of the reasons I got Prime was for the ad free videos.  I may drop my membership over this.

Murder City is provided to Prime via its sister service IMDb TV ("..included with IMDb TV") - which has ads .

Prime doesn't have ads, but IMDb TV does, hence why you are seeing them.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Arbie46 Look at the title. If it says it's from IMDB.TV, then there will be ads. If you're watching something labeled Prime, then there's no ads. They don't label it well, but it's coming from two different providers. Amazon owns IMDB, so that's why it's included within the Prime Video channel.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
NohoNoel
Reel Rookie

Curious...I'm wondering the same as the ads don't play on the same content with my Fire TV. Seems like Roku thing to me. Prime content e.g. Upload have lead in Prime ads it is annoying and only see them on Roku... with a YouTube-like skip box - not a handy feature unless you happen to be holding the remote at all times...

0 Kudos