Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tcm65
Binge Watcher

Re: Watch TCM not working after July 15 2021 update

My new Roku Express 4K+ cost $29. Not too expensive and would resolve your issue. Yes?

0 Kudos
Mego73
Channel Surfer

It would create connection headaches since it has no analog connections. I use HDMI for the TV but also need an analog audio output to go to my older receiver.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@Mego73 

Use an HDMI audio extractor ($15-25):

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=hdmi+audio+extractor

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Watch TCM version 1.0.81 was released 9/1 - test & verify if it still crashes to Home with older (37x0) models - it has a partially new UI.

Jwgriffin

I am using a Roku model 4660rw- Roku ultra and cannot play the app after the update. This is a newer model with upgraded hardware. Something is wrong with the app after the upgrade.

0 Kudos
n6rsh
Binge Watcher

Watch TCM not working after September 01 2021 Update

Thank you for getting the update to us. Unfortunately it is now WORSE than before. Watch TCM version 1.0.81 was released 9/1. NOW when I try to load "Watch TCM" it crashes to the Roku Home Screen just before the channel finishes loading. I removed Watch TCM twice and reloaded it. It will get to the point where I can log in then crashes. THEN every time I try to load the channel it crashes before it is finished loading. I then did a factory restart of my Roku and still get the same result.
 Here is the error code:

Model: 3710X - Roku Express+
Serial number: YU0011678679 (7H2691678679)
Software version: 10.0.0 build 4209-28
timestamp: 2021-09-02T02:58:57Z

Issue ID: 79-351-538

Watch TCM version 1.0.81 was released 9/1

It is good to know you are working on the issue. I am hopeful this info will help.
I will still stand by. This IS after all a free service and I will take any help you offer.
Thanks,

Steven Panattoni
karlsarah

Roku has ads like Sling that don’t work correctly and freeze the remote.  I had to unplug the roku device in order to make it work correctly again.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@Jwgriffin 

You didnt mention your Roku firmware version: Settings/System/About

Try reinstalling TCM:

1) Remove the TCM app (Highlight the app, press the Options (*) button on the remote, then Remove)

2) RESTART the Roku (Settings/System/System restart/Restart) <-- MUST DO THIS HERE!!!

3) Re-install the TCM app

(If you dont restart after removal, settings/cached data associated with the app are left behind and it wont be a clean re-install)

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Watch TCM not working after September 01 2021 Update

@n6rsh wrote:
Thank you for getting the update to us. Unfortunately it is now WORSE than before. Watch TCM version 1.0.81 was released 9/1. NOW when I try to load "Watch TCM" it crashes to the Roku Home Screen just before the channel finishes loading. I removed Watch TCM twice and reloaded it. It will get to the point where I can log in then crashes. THEN every time I try to load the channel it crashes before it is finished loading. I then did a factory restart of my Roku and still get the same result.

You're welcome - I dont work for Roku or TCM - I'm just another user like yourself trying to facilitate troubleshooting and fixes for you and other users.

I tested this update on all 9 of my Rokus, and got the same results as the previous version:  TCM loads on all 9, only plays on 8 (the 2710 loads it, but only partially plays with audio and dumps to Home after 30 seconds).

Just as an FYI, when reinstalling an app, you MUST restart after removal and before reinstall:

1) Remove 2) RESTART 3) Reinstall

If you dont restart after removal, settings/cached data associated with the app are left behind and it wont be a clean re-install.

As usual, make sure you contact TCM directly about this:

https://tcmdigitalhelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

@RokuMary-F  please forward this additional version and troubleshooting information.

0 Kudos
Leigh8
Reel Rookie

I am having the same issue and and followed all the troubleshooting efforts suggested. I have a Roku model 4200x. I have contacted TCM too and they have suggested the typical “remove app, sign out, unplug etc….” but this did not help either. Roku, please contact TCM and provide us a solution as many of us are experiencing issues since your upgrade. I have been a Roku customer since 2007 and have been perfectly satisfied until now.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.