Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peacock app keeps buffering and I can't watch it. Don't know what to do.

I'm currently having issues with the Peacock app constantly buffering on me. I can't uninstall and reinstall the app. I've canceled my subscription to Peacock, but that doesn't end until August 8 and roku makes it impossible to uninstall the app as ling as my subscription is still running until then. Has anyone found a way around this? I'm trying to watch the Olympics and it's impossible to do when the app buffers avery 5 minutes. I've tried powering my tv off and on. Even unplugged it and plugged it back in. I don't want to factory reset my tv, because that seems like a waste of time, but that may be my only option now. Help! Anyone!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Peacock app keeps buffering and I can't watch it. Don't know what to do.

@pfresquez78-

I experienced some buffering here this morning too.  I suspect NBC/Peacock may have underestimated how many people would be attempting to watch at one time, and their servers may be running into capacity limitations.   If that is the cause of the buffering, and I don't know that it is, there's nothing we can do at our end.

As to not being able to delete a channel that still has a subscription in force that was made through Roku:

Try removing the channel via the official Roku remote app on an Android/iOS phone/tablet connected to one of the Rokus on your account.  At the bottom of the first screen, click Search and do a search for the installed channel name.  On the resulting screen you should get options to Launch the channel on your Roku, or Remove the channel.  I've never tried to remove a subscribed-thru-Roku channel (I haven't had one for years) but it's been reported this works even while the subscription is still active.

Note that if you subscribe directly with the channel on its website you avoid this Roku imposed limitation.  You also can then view the channel on any platform the channel supports, not just the one you used to subscribe through.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.