Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Raleighite
Reel Rookie

Re: Watch TCM not working after July 15 2021 update

I also have the 4200x model, same issues. Same troubleshooting techniques failed. I do not have a microSD card and use Spectrum as my provider, wondering if lack of memory or Spectrum is an issue.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@Raleighite @Leigh8 @karlsarah @n6rsh 

Make sure you report the TCM app not loading to Roku:

Highlight Watch TCM,/Options (*)/Give us Feedback/Channel failed to launch

And to TCM:

https://tcmdigitalhelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

0 Kudos
tcm65
Binge Watcher

Just reported mine to TCM. Roku Express 4K+. Exits app after attempt to watch anything. Have tried removing/restarting/reloading app and no success. Same issue persists. I can see the enter verification screen blip by on the way when it exits. Frustrating. 

Bigdumptruck
Reel Rookie

Mine started failing to load yesterday (aka as soon as the new version was installed). I did the uninstall, restart, reinstall trick and thought maybe I needed to log in. The page with code flashed by too quickly to see before crashing, so I recorded a video while I loaded the login again so I could freeze-frame to view the code.

I logged in with the code, which didn't work. But I also went to the TCM app on my iPhone and authenticated there, too. I don't know which things from that combination worked, but I was just able to FINALLY start a movie! Thought I'd share. 

0 Kudos
Gidget2021
Streaming Star

Oh no. Now I would take it as it was a few days ago as compared to the new JAZZED TCM. I too removed it, reinstalled it, restarted Roku, and now it just shuts down over and over and over. I am so sad about it as TCM is one of my most favorite apps. I just don't know what I can do at this point. Worse than before as I can't watch a single thing.

0 Kudos
vintagedirtbike
Reel Rookie

I am having the exact same problem.
Watch TCM works great in the bedroom with my Firestick but wont work on my brand new Roku in the living room.
Its the only channel I'm having an issue with.
Someone please help. TCM is my favorite channel !

0 Kudos
Gidget2021
Streaming Star

Just an observation. One of the most endearing and enjoyable aspects of TCM are the old Black and White movies. Hence, the original TCM app label was black and white. Now, this practically neon new modern WATCH TCM with the strange POP doodles begs the question: WHY?????? Who on earth thought of this? Someone who isn't even a TCM fan no doubt. Was it ROKU or TCM or a joint effort?? For shame. WHY?

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@Gidget2021 wrote:

Just an observation. One of the most endearing and enjoyable aspects of TCM are the old Black and White movies. Hence, the original TCM app label was black and white. Now, this practically neon new modern WATCH TCM with the strange POP doodles begs the question: WHY?????? Who on earth thought of this? Someone who isn't even a TCM fan no doubt. Was it ROKU or TCM or a joint effort?? For shame. WHY?

Again, Roku doesnt design, develop, code, or publish the TCM app - TCM does.

You need to address such complaints to TCM.

(FTR, a setting to toggle the UI between B&W and color would be useful to fans - perhaps suggest that to TCM with your complaint)

0 Kudos
Gidget2021
Streaming Star

@StreamerUser wrote:

@Gidget2021 wrote:

Again, Roku doesnt design, develop, code, or publish the TCM app - TCM does.

You need to address such complaints to TCM.

(FTR, a setting to toggle the UI between B&W and color would be useful to fans - perhaps suggest that to TCM with your complaint)

Ok will do!

0 Kudos
Gidget2021
Streaming Star

Ok, for the THIRD time, I have contacted TCM. Let's see what happens. I send a still shot and a video showing the situation and wrote this:

There are many of us over at Roku community forum who have been asking for months for TCM to kindly fix it so we can watch our favorite channel on Roku. After the update in July many of us could no longer use the interface. We could watch, but not rewind or ff. It was a shame as it was FINE prior to that. Now, with the new JAZZED up Watch TCM, I and several others can't watch at all, it just kicks us out. We have restarted, reinstalled, signed out, signed in and cannot watch anything. PLEASE fix this. And just an observation. One of the most endearing and enjoyable aspects of TCM are the old Black and White movies. Hence, the original TCM app label was black and white. Now, this practically neon new modern WATCH TCM with the strange POP doodles begs the question: WHY?????? Who on earth thought of this? Someone who isn't even a TCM fan no doubt. For shame. WHY? It is just mind boggling and the strange scribbles are maddening, especially considering I can't even watch.

0 Kudos