Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Can’t sign in to Apple TV app

@mward009 @tetudc 

Thanks for the update.

We would recommend trying to update your Roku TV to the latest OS then once your TV is on the latest OS, trying to remove, restart, and reinstall the channel again.

For more information about how to check for an update, visit our Support page here: How do I update the software on my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tetudc
Channel Surfer

@RokuDanny-R  Hi Danny,

I'm already on the latest OS for the TV, I tried that first.  I've gone ahead and checked for updates (there weren't any), removed the app, restarted, and installed the app again.  Zero change.

There is very clearly a DRM issue going on with the Apple TV app (version 6.1.0) on the Roku platform, right?

0 Kudos
mward009
Channel Surfer

@RokuDanny-R 

My experience is exactly the same as @tetudc's

Software version 9.4.0

Build 4200

I've checked for updates and there are none.

Will there be one soon that we have not received yet?

kate22
Reel Rookie

Also having the same experience with the same specs. 

When will this be resolved? @RokuDanny-R ?

0 Kudos
tommyboy1968
Channel Surfer

So this is a problem that will just never be resolved right. 

I've been trying to access AppleTV for months and have tried EVERY THING. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Apple TV support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Apple TV support here: https://support.apple.com/apple-tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tetudc
Channel Surfer

Unacceptable answer, @RokuDanny-R - there are many threads about this across the internet beyond this one going back MONTHS.  Roku certified this channel for all hardware with the latest Roku software (per your developer documentation here) and advertises it prominently (huge fanfare press release here).  The only acceptable answer here is that you will work within Roku to take this issue up with your partner Apple who is currently not meeting your certification guidelines.

Other threads to show just how widespread this issue is:

I have opened support cases with Roku and with Apple and I encourage everyone to do the same.  The only way something like this gets fixed is it if is noisy enough to rise to the top of a list of reasons people contact support.  So, make some noise.  You'll need to call Apple (don't bother with chat) and then repeat over and over that your issue is the Apple TV app on Roku.  You will get offered issues with your Apple ID (this isn't that) and with the Apple TV device (this isn't that).  Just keep repeating "Apple TV app on Roku" until you get to someone who knows what a Roku is.  Don't hang up until you talk to a "senior advisor" who asks for pictures of the error and the About screen of your Roku.

Mrn
Channel Surfer

This is really well put. Been months now and no one seems to want to own it. I’ve wasted so much time on this - spoke to Apple for aaaages and they couldn’t do anything about it, so the advice from Roku to contact those guys is just buck passing. An ad for Appletv keeps appearing on my Roku Home Screen at the moment to. Nice one.

0 Kudos
tetudc
Channel Surfer

Thanks, @Mrn.  Did you get to someone at Apple who was willing to take screenshots and video to escalate to Apple engineering?  I was shocked how many people I had to talk to before I got someone who know what a Roku was and that the Apple TV app existed for it (5).  But the person I talked to is now emailing me updates every 2-3 days and I believe is trying to get the right Apple engineers involved.  I encourage everyone to do the same until we get attention.

CesarQ
Reel Rookie

Any update?

0 Kudos