Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
katesisco
Channel Surfer

Re: Apple TV channel - Login Failure

In my efforts to reply to you I have had to log into apple and Roku both and had to go back to the page several times and I feel your frustration.  I am desolate to see so little help available in accessing a product supposedly free.  To add insult to injury I can log into the apple store with the same password without supplying the SECURITY QUESTIONS whose only purpose I believe is to provide yet another path thru the brambles.  I do not want the two factor security level and found my self with it anyway.  The SECURITY QUESTIONS are my choke point. Just to let you know we invisible majority are with you, most of which have been deterred by the hurdles put in  place so that I suspect the 'problem' has a minimal number of complaints.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Can’t sign in to Apple TV app

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Apple TV support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Apple TV support here: https://support.apple.com/apple-tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KathyinMN

Re: Unable to sign into Apple TV app

Hi. I see that this issue was being discussed in 2020 and in 2021 but not recently. I just got an Apple TV free trial today. I tried to add the channel but it would not accept my Apple ID password. I'm logged in on my Apple ID so I know it's correct. I did the Roku support chat. He had me delete the channel, restart my Roku device and reinstall Apple TV but there was no change. He says it's an Apple problem, not Roku. Please advise. Thanks!  

0 Kudos
mward009
Channel Surfer

Hi KathyinMN, I understand your frustration! As I mentioned in my last post on this issue last year I didn't actually DO anything different. I did reach out to Apple and Roku, updated the software on the Roku device, removed and re-installed the app, none of those did the trick but one day the sign in worked! Unfortunately I can't provide any help because I don't know what changed! It is worth reaching out to Apple on it though. Good luck!

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @KathyinMN,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

As mentioned by @RokuDanny-R from above your post, for more information about that channel's account authentication functionality, It's best to reach out directly to get the channel going on your Roku. They can resolve the error you are having with the channel login. Please be noted that Roku doesn't manage channel logins or authentication and many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

You can reach Apple TV support here: https://support.apple.com/apple-tv

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mrn
Channel Surfer

Good luck @KathyinMN - this is pretty much the response I got from both Apple and Roku. Both seem adamant it’s the other ones problem and neither want to step up to the plate and fix it. Be interested to hear of you have any joy!

0 Kudos
Janthefan

I removed, restarted and added the Apple TV app. Still same thing. App asks for the Two-facor Auth. code. Apple tells me that the problem is the Roku is not sending the message for this to my phone as the Auth code was sent for my computer and for my phone no problem.

What do I do now?

0 Kudos
Z06
Roku Guru

@Janthefan  Just scan the QR code. 

0 Kudos
Hector-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hi @Janthefan we appreciate you reaching out about the authentication problem you're running into. The code that is sent out is an authentication process set by apple. You should receive a code on any of your other Apple devices. If you don't happen to have any other Apple devices or don't receive the code in general, we would recommend reaching out to their support team being that this is information only they would have access to. The best way to contact them would be via the website https://support.apple.com/. If there is anything else you happen to have questions about please let us know. 

0 Kudos
RichardV

There was a post earlier about signing into guest mode > adding / signing into AppleTV > signing out of guest mode and signing into Apple TV under your regular account.  As unlikely as this method sounds it worked for me. Thank you!!!

0 Kudos