Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
teammm
Reel Rookie

Re: Unable to sign into Apple TV app

Hi John, I’m so sorry you have to go through this like we did. I just wanted to update that now mine is working. I don’t think I did anything special, but I did recently upgrade my iPhone and therefore had to set up iCloud and sign into my Apple account again. If you have an iPhone or Mac try signing out of iCloud and everything, restart your TV, sign into iCloud on your Apple devices and see if it lets you log  into Apple TV+ on the RokuTV. It’s so weird but something got mine working again and I was able to log in using the mobile code finally and it’s back to normal. I had completely given up and accepted that I wouldn’t be able to use it, until it surprised me. 

0 Kudos
dcgayhart
Reel Rookie

Re: Apple TV channel - Login Failure

I have the same problem with "The Roku Channel" on my Samsung Smart TV. Roku and Samsung just keep kicking the ball back and forth! I give up.

0 Kudos
massaed

Same boat here. Spent 2+ hours with Apple support today trying to get this resolved. No matter what we tried, still getting "Verification Failed. There were errors signing in. Wait a moment, then try again."

What troubleshooting has been done? I may be missing a few things, but in no particular order, these are the steps that have been done. Most of them have been done multiple times, and usually a number of them in combination with each other.

• Reset the Roku device
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled AppleTV app
  • Tried to sign in with mobile device and with TV
  • Upgraded iPhone to OS 14.2
  • Logged out of and back into Apple account via PC web browser, iPhone settings panel, and I think one or two other places
  • Rebooted router and modem
  • Verified no updates needed for TV
  • Rebooted the Roku device
  • Tried using Guest Mode on Roku device

According to the third Apple engineer I spoke with, the issue seems to be the media engine version is missing the Fairplay extension. My media engine is displayed as "1.530.14:0.1.26-" (no quotes); at the end of that string there should be some notation about Fairplay at the end of the version information. Nothing we did would reset the media engine to reflect Fairplay.

My system

• RokuTV: 8116X
  • TCL model: 32S327
  • Software version: 9.4.0 build 4190-48

I'd appreciate assistance with this issue. If the answer is "it doesn't work," that's fine (sort of); I'd just like to know so I can stop chasing it. If it can be fixed, that would be wonderful.

0 Kudos
Ulytsunami

Hi yes i also can not log into my Apple TV account on my Roku.

Roku TV 8113X

TCL Model 40S325

Software version 9.4.0 build 4190-48

i’ve tried everything listed in this thread and still nothing works so i would appreciate some guidance thanks!

0 Kudos
teammm
Reel Rookie

Unfortunately they don’t have any good guidance regarding this. Mine was fixed I’m guessing by accident.

I recently got a new iPhone and I had to sign out of iCloud on all my devices. Once I signed back in maybe it allowed my Apple TV app to connect to the server. I just don’t know how it got fixed for sure.

Try signing out of iCloud and/or changing your password. 

0 Kudos
Sheralot

Re: Can’t sign in to Apple TV app

Did anyone ever find a solution? to the ROKU/Apple TV dilemna?  Just bought a ROKU TV.. same problem .obviously an interface problem

mward009
Channel Surfer

Hi @RokuDanny-R I just purchased a new television with Roku and started the free AppleTV trial. I am able to log into the app on all of my previously owned Roku devices (not built-into the tv) and my iPhone.  However I cannot log into the Apple TV app on the new television where I got the free trial!

I have tried logging off all browsers, resetting the apple id, uninstalling and reinstalling the app several times, no luck.

Can you help?  I would love to be able to use this before the trial runs out!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mward009
Channel Surfer

@RokuDanny-R thanks so much for the quick reply! I have tried this process twice and it still has not resolved the issue.  I am continuing to receive a "Verification Failed" error whether I sign in using a Mobile device or directly in the app method.

Appreciate any additional tips!

Mike

FYI I am using a Hisense model 32H4+ Roku Software 9.4.0 build 4200-90

0 Kudos
tetudc
Channel Surfer

@RokuDanny-R  Hi Danny, Remove channel, system restart, install channel hasn't changed the behavior for me.  I'm still getting "Verification Failed".  Same error whether I try "Sign In on Mobile Device" or "Sign In on This TV".

Hisense 32H4+ running Roku 9.4.0 build 4200-90.

0 Kudos