Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ricky023
Binge Watcher

Unable to download a movie

My roku picture box comes up but it won't download a movie to watch. It keeps going back to the first box. Can someone please help me?

Thank you so much.

0 Kudos
20 REPLIES 20
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Unable to download a movie

Hi @ricky023,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue but will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

Here are a few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

• Which streaming channels are you experiencing this issue on?
  • Could you provide an example movie title in that you experienced this issue?
  • Do you receive any error codes or messages? If yes, please let us know.
  • What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
ricky023
Binge Watcher

All the other sites play great except ROKU. When I take my remote and click on the ROKU box the movies and tv shows come up for my pleasure. When I click on a program movie or tv show it keeps reverting back to the roku box of the picture I am choosing. I have done all the resets the computer pages tell me to do. A picture like any tv show or a movie just keeps reloading back to the description box of that show. I hope this helps. Thank you so much for your concern.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ricky023,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

We're sorry to hear that you've been having this trouble with playing content on The Roku Channel. We would like to know how to identify and resolve any playback issues.

In order to resolve this, we'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into.

• What Roku model device are you using?
  • When did this issue first start occurring?
  • Was there a software update?
  • Have you tried removing The Roku Channel from the Roku home screen? Then, restart your device. Once it loads up again, add the channel back once more and try playing content again.
  • Have you tried checking for a manual system update by navigating to Home > Settings > System > System update > Check now?

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
ricky023
Binge Watcher

OK, I tried the reset as you gave me and after it went through all the back to original it is still doing the same thing. It will pull the picture box up but it won't download the pic to play. I hope I won't have to buy a new roku device. Thank you for your help. Ricky

0 Kudos
ricky023
Binge Watcher

I also forgot this thing is about to win,lol. The number of my ROKU device is 

3030X and the other number as best as I could see it was:

20133110ATI

sORRY FOR HAVING 2 POSTS.

rICKY

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ricky023,

Thanks for the quick response and for confirming that you have reset your Roku device.

In order to isolate this issue, have you tried the troubleshooting steps that were previously posted? Can you please verify when the issue started?

Our team would like to take a look to see if we can help here. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ricky023
Binge Watcher

This all started last night about 8 PM. I have done a simple reset 2 times and I just done the one you gave me.

Ricky

0 Kudos
ricky023
Binge Watcher

I just wonder have you come up with any ideas? Thank you.

Ricky

0 Kudos
ricky023
Binge Watcher

We bought a new one to try and solve the problem. Thank you for your help.

Ricky

0 Kudos