Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kidkrash
Streaming Star

Re: SiriusXM shuts off after 20 minutes

Jump to solution

@GDWind

I did just that. I purchased a ONN stick at Wal-mart for $15 +tax about two weeks into this 8 weeks and counting issue with the SIriusXM app.

My use case for all the haters is I have an old "Dumb" TV in my home office which I like to listen to 1stWave on during my work day. I do not need it to be high fidelity as it is mostly background noise. This is 90% of my listening time. I would say another 5% in my vehicle and 5% on my patio/outdoors. For my patio I use an old Android Tablet and a JBL Charge 4 speaker.

For me throwing less than $20 solved my problem and my wife was able to get a $20 credit to my account.

Now I follow this thread for entertainment....lol

Maybe I should set up a betting pool for resolution..

~kidkrash

0 Kudos
pkaboo1234
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I contacted Sirius XM numerous times and I have been told that they are working with Roku to resolve the issue. I originally posted here to see if anyone else was having the same issues. Is that OK with you? Do I have your permission? Now move on and leave me alone. You're not as smart as you think you are. 

Vakko
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@GDWind  ROFL.....I very much doubt the only reason you bought a Roku is to stream XM radio. 99.9% of people buy a Roku to stream Netflix, Hulu, Disney, Prime Video and more. 

Vakko
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@pkaboo1234  It helps to use the @ button so people know you are speaking to them. 

pkaboo1234
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I gave Roku all of the specific information they asked for when I first contacted them. I didn't realize I had to give them the information every time I posted. Gee, thanks for correcting me. Look how smart you are. 

Vakko
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@pkaboo1234  once again no one knows your speaking to them without using the @ symbol and pointing that person out

elliedale9
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@Vakko wrote:

@elliedale9  Do you see the issue here? Your posting and complaining to the wrong company. No one cares on here. Go to SiriusXM support and tell them. No SiriusXM representative has commented in here. If you have a problem with your Honda do you complain to Nissan? SiriusXM is not falsely advertising anything. Especially when there are tons of various ways to listen to it. 

We'll have to agree to disagree here. I do think it's false advertising to say you have a Roku channel what the channel is nonfunctional. By having that channel, you're suggesting to your customers that it's a viable way to use their product when, in fact, it's not.

As for your example about "Do you complain to Nissan when you have an issue with Honda?" Of course not -- but Nissan doesn't have any connection to Honda, so why would I? A better example would be something like this: you buy a Honda from the Honda dealer. When you buy a lemon Honda, you go back to the dealer to get help. The dealer says, "This isn't our fault. We didn't engineer the car or put in the all these faulty parts. But we'll help you to work with Honda to make this right." 

That's what Roku has done here. They gave their Roku customers the expectation that they would help and liaise with SiriusXM. They did this by asking users to provide technical information that can use to help identify a solution. No, Roku is not going to fix it (nor does anyone reasonable expect Roku to fix it), but they've established, through at least half a dozen posts from @RokuKariza-D@RokuDanny-R  and @RokuMary-F that they want to help SiriusXM fix it. 

Additionally, nobody is disputing your claims that there are other ways to use SXM, or that it's a minority of SXM users who are affected. However, this does not negate the fact that SiriusXM has created an unusable Roku channel. Neither does it negate that SXM is failing to deliver on the service that having such a channel implies. If they're not interested in creating a product for this subset of users and supporting this minority user base, then they should discontinue the Roku channel. I, for one, would be much happier if they just outright said "@#$% you guys" and ended the service rather than the current practice of stringing their customers along and putting out a substandard product.

Vakko
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@elliedale9 There are alternatives. Enough said.

https://www.siriusxm.ca/ways-to-listen/

wsu55
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Perhaps you could take your childish ranting to another forum.

I was hopeful of getting info regarding the issue listed in the subject line (dropping after 20 minutes) 

Vakko
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@wsu55  @pkaboo1234  And who are you directing your comment at since you did not use the @ symbol? As stated over and over and over. This is not a Roku issue. It is not up for Roku to fix. There are several other ways to listen to SiriusXM. Use an alternative and stop complaining. 64 pages and months later no fix. Obviously SiriusXM does not really care that .0001 of 34 million subscribers cannot stream it on Roku. I can listen to XM in my Audi, iPhone with my Bluetooth speaker, Chromebook with my Bluetooth speaker, iPhone to Roku Wireless Speakers. 4 different ways I can successfully stream SiriusXM with the need of the SiriusXM channel on Roku. 

https://www.siriusxm.ca/ways-to-listen/