Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: Several channels not working

The Ultra is great. I actually own 9 Roku devices. The great thing about the Ultra is the Ethernet port. If you can hook it to your modem via Ethernet go for it. 

APhill79
Binge Watcher

@Streamer317 @DBDukes 
Well, got my new Roku Ultra! However, the channels that were not working before, are STILL not working. I’m so very frustrated. Again, it’s Netflix, Hulu, Paramount+, Prime Video, and Disney+.

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

That's virtually impossible. Explain by what you mean about not working? Is your subscription up to date on both? Meaning your bill? Are you using any sort of VPN? Have you rebooted your modem and router? Do you live in the US? So Netflix, Hulu, Paramount+, Prime Video, and Disney+ do not launch? Then it is something on your end. Are you using a mobile hotspot? Can you take your Roku to someone elses home and try it? Use your phone as a mobile hotspot. Connect your Roku to your phones hotspot. See if that works. If it does then there is something wrong with your WiFi. How are you paying for all of these? Through your Roku account or directly through their website? Do you get an error code? Sounds to me like your using a VPN which is blocking these channels from connecting. Or something in your modem. 

@AvsGunnar 

0 Kudos
APhill79
Binge Watcher

Hulu and Netflix give a connection error message. Which makes no sense because I do have WiFi connection and other channels work just fine. The other channels I named, just will not load. For example, Paramount only shows a black screen with the paramount logo in the top left corner. Disney opens up to the users screen, but does not show the users pics, just the circles where the profile pics would be, with the names under them. I can select a user, then the next screen opens up, but all the menu items/icon are just blank.

Prime gives a message in several languages, stating that there is an error with loading. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@APhill79 wrote:

@Streamer317 @DBDukes 
Well, got my new Roku Ultra! However, the channels that were not working before, are STILL not working. I’m so very frustrated. Again, it’s Netflix, Hulu, Paramount+, Prime Video, and Disney+.

This is unexpected. Just to confirm, you are able to find the apps in the Channel Store on the device, and can add them to your device, but the apps won't play. They crash or otherwise exit to the home screen.

You've established that you are in the USA.

You said earlier that error codes displayed. What are the error codes?

Are you running a VPN? Are you running PiHole or other ad-blocking utility/service on your network?

Have you ever run your Roku account outside of the USA at all? Was your first Roku associated with any account outside the USA ever?

Again, the results are unexpected, but your answers to these questions could lead to identifying the cause.

The other suggestions about utilizing another network would help rule your network in or out as an issue. As suggested, a friend or family member's network would be good, as would a mobile hotspot. A public network might not be the best for this.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

APhill79
Binge Watcher

Oh, and yes I am in the US, no I am not using VPN. It just makes no sense at all that I have been streaming these channels for many months, and now they don’t.

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

@APhill79  You said previously that certain channels never worked. It is obviously something on your end. Have you rebooted your modem and router? There is obviously something in your home network preventing these channels from outside communication. 

Make your phone a mobile hotspot

Connect your Roku to your phones hotspot

See if the channels launch

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@APhill79 wrote:

... It just makes no sense at all that I have been streaming these channels for many months, and now they don’t.

That smacks of network changes. If not by you or a "helpful" friend or family member, then by your ISP, or a device going bad or getting corrupted settings.

Hotspot or friend's house may be something to move up in the order of things to try.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

APhill79
Binge Watcher

@DBDukes 

No VPN

hulu and Netflix give a network connection error, but my network connection is fine, other channels function just fine and I have checked the network connection. 
I have tried a neighbors network, and I also tried hotspots. Still the same channels have the same issues.

No, have never used outside the USA

0 Kudos
APhill79
Binge Watcher

The 2 channels that have never worked for me, Netflix and Hulu. The other 3 I mentioned just started having issues the last few weeks. 
I have tried connecting to neighbors network and my hotspots. Still the same issues with these channels.

0 Kudos