Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
APhill79
Binge Watcher

Several channels not working

Several of my channels are not working. Paramount+, Disney+, Prime Video to name a few. Also Netflix and Hulu have NEVER worked. I have tried everything that I have found on support sites and forums. I have done a reboot of the Roku, and my internet. I have removed the channels, rebooted, then reinstalled channels, I have cleared the cache, and I have even done a factory reset. Is there anything else I can try? It is very frustrating.

Thanks

0 Kudos
51 REPLIES 51
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Several channels not working

@APhill79 

Not sure what you mean by "never worked." That could be saying that you are able to find them in the Channel Store from the device, add them, and the app crashes. It could also be saying you can't find the apps from within the device, and you simply can't add them.

So, explain a little more about the issue.

Also, what's the model number and software version of your device? Settings > System > About

Oh, and are you in the USA?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

@APhill79  This does not make any sense. So no channels launch? There is no such thing as "clearing the cache" on a Roku. Firestick yes.  Which Roku model do you have? How old is it? And like DB said are you in the US? Hulu never worked? So you bought a Roku and no channel ever worked? Interesting. 

0 Kudos
APhill79
Binge Watcher

Yes I am in the US. I am at work right now, I will update with the model number when I get home. It is a little older model. A friend gave it to me last year when she moved, and I believe she only had it for a couple of years. As for Hulu and Netflix, the channels are there, but they do not open. They do provide an error code, which I can update you with after I get home, if it helps. Some of the other channels still work just fine. And the ones I listed in my post have worked in the past. It has just been in the last few weeks that they started to not load/open.

0 Kudos
APhill79
Binge Watcher

"Never worked" meaning that the channels are there, I added them. But they have never launched. (I have had this Roku for about 1 year). I select them, and the Netflix/Hulu name shows, but never moves beyond that. Eventually both of those channels provide an error code. I can supply those codes if it would help. 

The other channels I mentioned have worked just fine in the past. Only in the last few weeks have they started not loading/launching.

I am in the US, however I am away from home right now and don't know the model number or software version off the top of my head. I will update you with this info in a couple of hours.

Thanks for your response to my issues!

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

If it’s a very old Roku’s a lot of channels maybe unsupported. When your friend gave it to you were they still logged into their Roku account? Or did they do a factory reset before giving it to you? Did you make a Roku account and set it up? Or did you just hook it to your WiFi and use the channels that were there? If the Roku device is like 5 years old it maybe time to get a new one. More information will help us diagnose your issue. 

0 Kudos
APhill79
Binge Watcher

Model 4630X Roku Premier+
software 10.5.0

when my friend gave it to me, I did a factory reset on it, and created my own Roku account.

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

The 4630 was released back in 2016. So it is a very old device. It’s not longer manufactured but still gets updates. There maybe an internal memory issue. Try doing a factory reset. Is it connected to your WiFi? Go to settings/network. Does it show its connected? Can you launch any channel? When you are on your Home Screen do you get a clock in the top right of the screen? After you got this Roku and set it up did it work then? Like did your friend give you a defective device? Basically your Roku is 6 years old. If everything you try doesn’t work then it maybe time to throw it out.

0 Kudos
Kaushik

Disneyplus hotstar not working in. 

0 Kudos
APhill79
Binge Watcher

I tried a factory reset yesterday to no avail. It is connected to my WiFi, yes there is a clock. 

Other channels work just fine. And all of the channels worked when I first got the Roku (except the Netflix and Hulu). Sounds like it may be time to get a new one 😕

0 Kudos