Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Several channels not working

@Streamer317 

I can read.

----

If everything network related, and device related, is ruled out, then there certainly is probably something quirky going on with the Account that only a Roku employee is going to be able to resolve.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

APhill79
Binge Watcher

@DBDukes @Streamer317 @AvsGunnar 

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. As for billing issues, that’s not the problem either, I am able to use Netflix and Hulu on my laptop and phones just fine. It’s just on Roku that the channels are not working. I have things I need to go do, so I will have to mess with this later.

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

@AvsGunnar  Ok so fixing his WiFi is not the issue. I tagged you since you seem very knowledgeable. 

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

@APhill79  Make a new Roku account using a different email address and credit card, Factory reset your Roku and log in with your newly created account. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@APhill79 

Perhaps try this fix offered by @RokuDanny-R in another posting that was affecting user with Netflix and Prime.  (https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-Device-Features-Settings-Updates/Netflix-and-Prime-won-t-open/td-...)

Basically, Remove all channels from your Roku device. (maybe take a screenshot of them with your phone first.)  Then do a Factory Reset of the Roku device.  Then add back one of these suspect/problem Channels and test to see if works.  If so, add another and test.  Then another and so on.

---

By Removing all the channels first, this will stop them from being automatically reinstalled when you go through the setup of the Roku device.  This is definitely worth a shot.  Can also maybe isolate more specifically what is causing the issue.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

@APhill79    Any updates? There is something obvious with your Roku account or your home network. The fact that you said you have never been able to watch Netflix or Hulu indicates an issue with your account. Others have mentioned about having an account outside the US. Even if you live in the US did you make your account outside? For a brand new Roku Ultra to have the exact same issues as your 5 year old Roku means it IS NOT the Roku. It is something in your account your home network. 

0 Kudos
APhill79
Binge Watcher

Agreed, it 100% has to be something with my network. I will tackle it this week. I also had an Amazon fire stick that my son-in-law gave me last year. Never really used it because I like the Roku more. But I tried the fire stick to see if the same issues were present with those same channels, and yes they are! Definitely a network issue. Oh well, at least I bought myself a new Ultra 😊

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Ok but you said you bought your new Roku to a friends house using there WiFi and you had the same issues. You also said that you used your phone as a hotspot and had the same issue. Now your saying your Firestick has the same issues. Did you setup your network? Are you using a VPN? Try doing a factory reset on your modem and router. Is this your own modem and router or are you in an apartment where you share the network? 

0 Kudos

we are having the same problem we have talked to Ruku with zero help we have a Ruku TV and 3 streaming sticks. none are working at the moment the only channel we can stream is Netflix. Our wifi is perfect. we can watch all channels on a laptop or iPad but not on our TVs. it super-duper frustrating. Any advice? 

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@NISmith0325 

Give us a little more information. You listed one app that works (Netflix) and that's helpful. But listing apps that don't work would be helpful as well. List three.

You said Roku Sticks, but the model number and OS version is also helpful. Settings > System > About

Confirm your country (USA, etc) and if you're using a VPN.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos