Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: Several channels not working

@APhill79  Your new Roku just arrived. You mean to tell me in just that short time you brought it over to a friends house. Hooked it up to there TV and WiFi? Again is your billing current? This is not a Roku issue.It is something on your end. In that short time you also made your phone a mobile hotspot and tried connecting your Roku to it?

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

@APhill79 How are you logging into these channels? Using your own credentials? You said previously your friend gave you a Roku. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@APhill79 wrote:

... I have tried a neighbors network, and I also tried hotspots. Still the same channels have the same issues. ...

With your new Roku device as well? Keep in mind there could have been an issue with the old Roku anyway, so testing with the new Roku device would still be prudent.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
APhill79
Binge Watcher

I’m not an idiot. I have had the new roku since early this morning. I have been trying all this for over 4 hours now. I give up, thanks for you help.

0 Kudos
APhill79
Binge Watcher

My own credentials. Yes a friend gave me the first one. I did a factory reset though, and created my own account.

0 Kudos
APhill79
Binge Watcher

@DBDukes @Yes I have done all these tests on my new device. I give up.

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

@APhill79  This is something on your end. There is no way a brand new Roku has the same issues as your older Roku unless it is something on your end blocking things. Something wrong with your billing or Roku account. Something wrong with your network. @AvsGunnar  is a very good resource. You also said Netflix and Hulu never worked. That is kind of impossible unless your billing is not current or there is something wrong with your account. Try creating a new Roku account using a different email address. Are you 100% sure your Roku is connected to your WiFi? Can you upload a picture of the error message?

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@APhill79 

I would certainly check to see if this a DNS server resolution issue.  If you know how to access your router admin panel, try changing the DNS address to Google defaults for testing (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4).

Just make a note of the ones already there before changing.  You can also try lowering your Firewall Settings in any are set for testing.

I am thinking it is more a DNS issue though. (Either a feature of the DNS or perhaps the DNS is experiencing an issue/misconfigured).  This would be the likely culprit if none of the other things mentioned by @DBDukes are being used at the network/router level.

------

If changing the DNS does not resolve the issue, I would factory reset the Router.  This should clear out any corrupted settings.

Feel free to post the router model as well as the other info requested by members above if need additional help making these changes.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Streamer317
Roku Guru

@AvsGunnar  He mentioned it does not work on a mobile hotspot or a friends WiFi also. So it is not just his WiFi. None of this makes any sense. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Also tagging @RokuDanny-R 

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos