Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eightzero
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku just updated yesterday and now have lost my antenna app. Not my local tv stations

need

0 Kudos
Outoflove02
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku just updated yesterday and now have lost my antenna app. Not my local tv stations

I received this from

AvsGunnar (Community Streaming Expert) and it worked for me.  My mom was having problems using her antenna to get her local channels on her roku tv.  I only had to do the first part in order for her to see local channels.

From AvsGunnar:

OS 11 has caused some different issue on some RokuTVs involving some settings. (hiding some channels/unhiding others.)

In order to disable the Roku Channel LiveTV Channels from appearing/showing in your OTA/antenna Guide, navigate to Settings/TV Inputs/Live TV/Manage Channels/Hide Streaming Channels (select to enable).

If you are missing some OTA/antenna Channels, then while in OTA/antenna guide, navigate all the way to left where your channel numbers are, press the * button on your Roku remote, choose "Filter", and then select "All Channels"

0 Kudos
momhubb
Channel Surfer

The last update back in December broke the signal meter.  This one broke the guide and didn't fix the signal meter.  Seems like Roku doesn't care about us over-the-air antenna users.  😞

0 Kudos
momhubb
Channel Surfer

The last update back in December broke the signal meter.  This one broke the guide and didn't even fix the signal meter.  Seems like Roku doesn't care about us over-the-air antenna users.  😞

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

There was an update that was sent out to fix the signal strength meter months ago. I think the update went out in January. 

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

0 Kudos
Watchwhat
Reel Rookie

Channel guide worked briefly yesterday, today is gone again...

0 Kudos
eightzero
Channel Surfer

Just checked, mine still shows v 11.0.0 build 4193 and the channel guid still inoperative. I did note however I am now getting more ads in a new place on the home screen, so they've figured out how to generate more revenue. Their priorities seem pretty clear.

I don't expect a fix for this bug that took away existing functionality for some weeks or months. Roku's track record of fixing their errors is quite poor, and is a significant failing of what is otherwise an acceptable product. 

0 Kudos
momhubb
Channel Surfer

When rescan didn't work for me, I even tried a full factory reset.  Still no working guide or signal meter.  If these issues don't get fixed, we'll never waste our money again on another Roku TV.  When software updates diminish the original out of the box functionality, that's a sure way to lose repeat customers.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Tagging @RokuDanny-R , @RokuKariza-D , and @RokuMary-F to see if they have an update on these issues.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos