Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rbraider

Roku doesn’t recognize my NFL+ subscription

I have a new NFL+ subscription but when I log onto the NFL app on my Roku it doesn’t recognize my subscription and wants to sell me another one. I confirmed that my email address and login are correct. 

0 Kudos
23 REPLIES 23
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku doesn’t recognize my NFL+ subscription

Hi @Rbraider.

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for sharing this information with us, and we'd like to know more about how we can assist you. For us to better understand the issue, where did you try to access the channel in standalone mode or through The Roku Channel? In addition, are you directly subscribed to that channel or through Roku Pay?

With more detailed information, we'll be able to assist you further.

Best regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tidulyanai
Channel Surfer

tidulyanai

I have the same problem. I subscribe to NFL+ online; have created an account with NFL. Then went to try access NFL on the Roku channel (Roku ultra on home network); however, Roku did not recognize my NFL+ account and tried to sell me ANOTHER NFL+.

What do I need to do? 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Greetings @tidulyanai,

Welcome to the Roku community, and we appreciate you reaching out about this.

It would appear that we are in need of additional information regarding this, as @RokuJechealR mentioned directly above your message. I wanted to make sure that I understood correctly whether or not you are attempting to access it directly through a standalone (a channel that can be navigated directly to your Roku home screen interface).

Note: If you subscribed directly to the NFL+, you'll only have access to it via a standalone app on your Roku device, not The Roku Channel.

When you launch the NFL Plus standalone application that is installed on your Roku device, you will have the ability to view two different signing alternatives. See if you are able to move further by first selecting the option that reads "Already have an account" from the menu.

Please keep us updated if you find that this solution is successful for you.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jessupsimmons
Channel Surfer

@RokuERey

I am having this same issue. I purchased an NFL+ premium subscription through NFL.com and I am unable to get Roku to recognize my subscription when I’ve logged into the app. I am struggling to understand the explanation/solution you’ve given for this issue. I have added the NFL app to my Roku and am having this issue. What are the necessary step by step instructions I need to follow in order to get Roku to recognize my subscription?

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jessupsimmons,

Thanks for joining us here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for reaching out about this. Could you tell if you were able to access this previously? Could you tell us what error message are you seeing when trying to log in to the app?

Let us know more about this so that we can further assist you.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Hi. Same issue here. I have an NFL+ subscription which I got via signing up on the NFL app on my phone. I used appleid to sign in and have a "hidden email". When I log into my NFL account on the ROKU app (using the "hidden email" information), it allows me to sign in and even recognizes my favorite teams, etc., but it doesn't acknowledge that I have the NFL+ subscription.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @iwastoolate,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We'd love to take a closer look into this issue that you're having with the NFL channel. Could you send us a photo or video of your running problem?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BlueR6000
Reel Rookie

Why is Roku have Prime only as option? I already paid the NFL app. I signed in but still, Roku is only offering Prime to watch NFL.

0 Kudos
tidulyanai
Channel Surfer

I'm sorry I did not see your post until now. So I didn't try the OPTION  mention above. However. I successfully got to the NFL + by doing the following

1. Go to the NFL app on Roku and subscribed to NFL+ from the app

2. Cancel my online NFL+ purchase and received the rebate

Now I can watch NFL+ on the Roku NFL app without problem

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.