Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tidulyanai
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku doesn’t recognize my NFL+ subscription

Update to my post:

See RokuERey's post on 2/25 at 11:34 am.

0 Kudos
tidulyanai
Channel Surfer

Date: 8/25  NOT 2/25

0 Kudos
BlueR6000
Reel Rookie

I am confused. I already subscribed NFL on app using my phone. I was able to sign on AppleTV on Roku. I tried to click it hoping I can watch last Thursday’s Steeler’s game but it wont let me open. The NFL live game of Steelers will lead me to subscribe with Prime which I don’t need. I already paid thru NFL web or app. Why RoKu will asked me to subscribe with Prime? Is that mean that I have to pay again? Roku only have the “live but recorded (previous) NFL play.” Did I make sense? Thank you.

0 Kudos
jessupsimmons
Channel Surfer

I found out that NFL subscriptions only allow you to stream games on your phone or tablet. If you want to watch them on your TV you have to have a cable provider, Hulu w/Live TV, YouTube TV or some other subscription. the NFL subscription is a waste of money if you want to watch games on your TV and not a tiny phone or tablet screen. Not worth the money. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for the added information, @BlueR6000.

In this case, directly reaching out to the channel provider themselves would be the most ideal option and highly recommended, as they are the ones who created, maintained, and updated their app on the Roku streaming platform independently. 

You can contact their Customer Support through their official website or directly through their phone number at 800-635-5300.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
whoising
Reel Rookie

Guys, try logging out of your NFL app, and logging back in.

I subscribed to NFL+ through Apple. I was already logged into my NFL app on my Roku soundbar. There is a restore purchases button, but it never worked.

I went to settings, logged out, logged back in, and had access to my NFL+ content.

0 Kudos
jessupsimmons
Channel Surfer

Doesn’t work for me

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for letting us know, @jessupsimmons.

Have you already tried reaching out to the channel provider as @RokuCarly suggested? We recommend doing this, as they may be able to sort this out on their end. You can refer to the contact information provided by the previous moderator.

Let us know if you have other inquiries.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jessupsimmons
Channel Surfer

Yes I have reached out but they are notoriously poor at communicating. I have submitted two separate tickets in an attempt to resolve this issue with zero reply. Very frustrating. 

0 Kudos
Elwood472

Same issue

Created account on Apple TV. it worked on my Apple TV, but when I stopped the feed to check out my email address (I used to private relay) and then went back to the game, it told me to sign to watch. Again, this was on my Apple TV. 

I went back into the settings, and when I came out, I was able to watch the game again.

Then I went to sign in on my Roku. I changed the password and successfully signed in. When I go to watch the games, it tells me to sign into subscribe. When I check the account settings, it shows that I am not subscribed to anything. I logged out and logged back in, but still cannot watch on my Roku TV.

I am using the NFL channel app and not any other method

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.