Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kây
Reel Rookie

REMOVE "CONTINUE WATCHING" FROM MY HOMESCREEN!

I have been using ROKU for 10 years now and I've been very happy but this new feature really annoys my life. I spent a considerable amount of time arranging my home screen to my liking and you people come here to spam it up with this feature that I did not ask for, request or want. I should easily be able to go into settings to remove it. It's annoying and violates the privacy of my family members because everyone can see what they have been watching. My kids can go into it and click on shows that are not appropriate for them and so on. It's getting to the point where ill just trash my ROKU devices and just use Apple or Amazon to stream my steamtables. I have OCD and anxiety and this thing triggers me.

Just make an option for people to remove/hide it from home screen. 

75 REPLIES 75
Toomanymovies
Reel Rookie

Re: REMOVE "CONTINUE WATCHING" FROM MY HOMESCREEN!

100 % agree. This new addition needs to go because now our kids/Grandkids can access anything.

It's very confusing to ppl with memory/dementia/degenerative issues and it needs to be removed.

How can this be completely removed?

Paleogirl2003
Streaming Star

andyross
Roku Guru

SunCoast
Reel Rookie

I completely agree.  What's worse is it's broken.  I tried highlighting a show then pressing the Star key.  Then select remove from Continue Watching and the shows won't disappear.  I deleted the offending channel and they still won't go away.

Imagine if one day a new row of Icons appeared across your desktop and you had no control of removing them.  Even if you deleted the Apps.  They are just taking control of your custom desktop.  This is the same thing, only it's your Roku and every other Roku you own (7 Roku's here)

SunCoast
Reel Rookie

Just to be clear.  I want to hide the feature.  That's all.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks, and welcome to the Roku Community!

The "Continue Watching" feature on the Roku home screen is part of the Roku Operating System; thus, removing it is impossible. Please be advised that some publishers control what constitutes content completion (for example, end credits are shown). Once the arrangement has been completed, the channel makes a delete request to remove the content from the Continue Watching row.

For more information on this feature's functionality, you can check it out here.

If there's anything else we can do to help, please let us know.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Paleogirl2003
Streaming Star

@RokuJohnB please read through all of the comments in the other related threads (2 previous posts with links). I think you'll find the same canned response you left was already responded to in great detail. 

SunCoast
Reel Rookie

Aee you saying I should not respond?   Calling it canned is not very friendly. 

Paleogirl2003
Streaming Star

That comment was not directed at you @SunCoast 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.