Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ckojam
Reel Rookie

Forced to see "Continue Watching" on the top of my home screen

Jump to solution

"Continue watching" suddenly appeared on top of my apps. I cannot describe how much I despise it. I have been using Roku for 12 years now and this is by far, the worst update I have seen. There is no option to remove it from Settings > Home Screen. Even though I removed all the titles from it, three of them are still sitting there and they are not removable. How can someone decide that this is a good idea with no options for users to remove it if they don't like it? If they don't add this option soon, Roku Ultra is going bye bye in the trash.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Townsned

Re: Forced to see "Continue Watching" on the top of my home screen

Jump to solution

If you got to settings and go down to home screen

you can hide the show recommendations and it will take away the continue watching bar 

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
Paleogirl2003
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

This is seriously the worst update, I don't understand how there's not a toggle for this section... I do not want my history shown in the home screen for anyone to see. Could be an issue for someone with kids...

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @ckojam @Paleogirl2003,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you've encountered some trouble regarding the Roku interface, and we're sorry for the experience. We appreciate your feedback, and we value your input. Rest assured that we'll pass this along to the appropriate Roku team for review.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
ckojam
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I absolutely agree. It completely takes away parenting control option. I understand that some people might like it. Although I am yet to talk to someone that does. However, for parents and people that do not like it (or despise it like myself) there needs to be an option to hide that section. ASAP.

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @ckojam,

Thank you for your response.

The "Continue Watching" feature on the Roku home screen is part of the Roku Operating System; thus, removing it is impossible. Please be advised that some publishers control what constitutes content completion (for example, end credits are shown). Once the arrangement has been completed, the channel makes a delete request to remove the content from the Continue Watching row.

For more information on this feature's functionality, you can check it out here.

Best regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Paleogirl2003
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@RokuJanadeeK 

Maybe this should be combined with the other thread? Where others have reported the same issue and replied to your same message

https://community.roku.com/t5/Features-settings-updates/Can-t-remove-show-from-home-screen-continue-...

0 Kudos
Hov

Jump to solution

Please remove continued watching or give the option for it to easily be hidden. Thanks. 

jerankin2
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

"The "Continue Watching" feature on the Roku home screen is part of the Roku Operating System; thus, removing it is impossible."

If it just appeared at the TOP of the screen in the last 24 hours, you know good and well it can be removed!! Please do so, or allow a setting to remove it!! Claiming it's, "Impossible," is nuts! Customers are clearly only talking about this new row at the top of the home screen. Any other features deeper down the tree should be unaffected.

AK2OH
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Wow, horrible way to sell it.  “Impossible”.  I write and publish software upgrades and updates for the government as a contractor.  This by no means is “impossible”.  If we update a software and the customers hate it that much.  You simply re-release the previous version without it.  And then you go back and begin writing code for the update from that point again without it.

if it want there before you can always make it no there again.  Providing an “it’s impossible” answer to customers, who clearly do not like it (no one has provided positive feedback yet),  simply says to them, “sorry Roku customers you are just not worth our effort”

EmpireZ
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It just showed up in the last 24 hours and is an eyesore at the top of the home screen. Even if it can't be removed outright, surely an option to hide it or just move it to the bottom of the home screen. That would solve the issue.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.