Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael14

Re: REMOVE "CONTINUE WATCHING" FROM MY HOMESCREEN!

Give users the option to hide or remove the continue watching feature, and to opt out of the tracking what users watch on other channels. The feature it violates the privacy of those watching to others within the household and we did not ask for this. 

What this feature has done is confirm what many users have long thought... Roku spies on what users watch on other channels, e.g., Netflix, HBO Max, etc. 

2ndKarma
Channel Surfer

The continued watching intrusion has caused my Internet connection to disconnect everytime this time I CANNOT reconnect.. everything is correct as always for YEARS now...but  now" can't find device" this is beyond frustrating!!! I am seriously considering leaving ROKU to " continue watching" the " continue watching" very intrusive. I can't always make it bf it deactivated everything. Now it's connection problem and I've been troubleshooting everything several times.. beyond frustrating..3 days now can't " find device".. it's pointless

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Are you using a phone or tablet as a remote? The Continue Watching has nothing to do with that. Sounds more like the Roku and your phone/tablet are not on the same network.

0 Kudos
2ndKarma
Channel Surfer

Here is my other issue with the "continue watching "... Why? I asked this question to several on why it suddenly was implemented. Two of the five held answer close to the vest.. rambling too many reasons not making any sense. Although my suspicions were confirmed by the other two person's I contacted. As I stated to each one of them... If consumer PAYS for a product ie... Premium channel, internet ..(unlimited) and cell phone service... Pays the contracted negotiated price to have access, to view at times we choose that our schedule allows, to make phone calls, whatever the service is that consumers pay for the use... When the provider decides not to give a choice to the consumer before the  services are altered " toggle"  for example but is very much happening for a long time, because a decision was made for the consumer to deplete their service regardless of it being " breech of contract" ,theft...whatever you want to call it ITS WRONG . and so is the same with saving the company total data usage total from " corporate data police" watch dogs. It is not right to make, pass on.. the responsibility of saving companies from fines, or whatever they are implementing as incentives to " cut back"... It's a lot easier to simply ask consumers if they could decrease usage ..a. this also applies to the INCREASE  suddenly on consumer accounts...  I'm just saying... Just saying.. "Opinion'  enough policing in today's world with crazy things... Now when, how much, and how often we are allowed to use services paid in full for ??? C'mon ,c'mon c'mon... To many intrusions  on my privacy !!! My opinion .. and it still can't " find my device" .. Really ??? Crazytown..

0 Kudos
2ndKarma
Channel Surfer

Wasn't really blaming the " con't watching" when I can get to the press " ok" option  then more then not it will kick back to home screen and lately " message of no Internet connection" but it would be connected in settings " about device"  crazy coincidence.... But to answer your question... My phone with Roku app remote 

0 Kudos
2ndKarma
Channel Surfer

They have always been on same network.  But can't use the app remote to go into " settings" to correct any discrepancy should there be one... Can't find device"

0 Kudos
2ndKarma
Channel Surfer

Sorry so many post... But I need to state that I was looking for  physical MAC address to enter on app so it could connect... Couldn't find it.... So....

0 Kudos
SM45
Channel Surfer

Somewhere I found this solution to getting the "Continue Watching" banner off the Home screen. First, from the Home Screen, click on the 1st show and hit the asterisk (*) button on the remote, and click to remove the movie from "continue watching. Secondly, do the same for the next show that is on that Banner. There now should be no shows or movies showing on the Home Screen. Next, go to Settings, then Home Screen and "uncheck" the Add Movies button, and the "Turn Off TV" button. Return to the Home Screen to see if these changes have been made. This worked for me. My TV supplies USB power to the Roku player, so turning off the TV shuts down the Roku box. When TV is powered on again, the Roku player powers up and reboots. The "Continue Watching" banner is no longer showing.

0 Kudos
SM45
Channel Surfer

Somewhere I found this solution to getting the "Continue Watching" banner off the Home screen. First, from the Home Screen, click on the 1st show and hit the asterisk (*) button on the remote, and click to remove the movie from "continue watching. Secondly, do the same for the next show that is on that Banner. There now should be no shows or movies showing on the Home Screen. Next, go to Settings, then Home Screen and "uncheck" the Add Movies button, and the "Turn Off TV" button. Return to the Home Screen to see if these changes have been made. This worked for me. My TV supplies USB power to the Roku player, so turning off the TV shuts down the Roku box. When TV is powered on again, the Roku player powers up and reboots. The "Continue Watching" banner is no longer showing.

0 Kudos
SunCoast
Reel Rookie

I wish that solution worked.  I tried it with all home setting on Hide and TV and Channels OFF.  No luck.  This was obviously an armature developer and rushed QA person that pushed this change out to the masses.  I'm done with Roku and have found my old streaming stick vendor to be far superior and all my favorite streaming services work better.  Netflix locked up all the time on my Roku Express and that's history now...

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.