Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
copperkidd

Roku Playing the Wrong Movie

It's still playing the wrong film!  Any way to get it fixed?  I would love to watch it.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Great Expectations (1998) directed by Alfonso Cuaron - playing wrong film

Hi @copperkidd 

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community!

We'd love to help you sort this content, but we would need additional information to take action with it. What movie title are you looking forward to seeing and what is the movie that shows up? Also, are you accessing this content on what specific channel?

With more details, we can assist further.

All the best,
Kash 

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Playing the Wrong Movie

I don't think it's actually playing the wrong film.  It just has the wrong information about the film it DOES have available.

Roku owns some of the programming on The Roku Channel, but most of it is obtained from other sources. Information on all these programs must be obtained from their many sources and then compiled into one database. Roku's information, therefore, is dependent on the accuracy of the information it receives from these other sources.

Roku seems to be having major problems with the program description data base for The Roku Channel. They are aware of this and are supposed to be working on the problem. In the meanwhile, when you find such a problem, all you can do is report it to Roku on Roku's support board so they can sic it on someone in the back room who can do something about it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
artsmaven
Reel Rookie

Fave Christmas title, A Prince for Christmas 2015 with Viva Bianca and Kirk Barker, is attached to wrong, not good movie by Lionsgate, A Princess for Christmas. Wrong for 3 years, please fix!

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@artsmaven 

The correct movie "A Prince for Christmas" (Viva Bianca) is playing on the free channels/apps PlutoTV, Plex, and Redbox. (I didn't check the other four or five channels/apps also offering it like XumoPlay, Tubi, and Freevee).

Easier to just install these free channels/app on your Roku device and watch it on one of those, rather than waiting for a fix to this on the Roku Channel. (confirmed wrong movie playing).

Paging @RokuTakashi@RokuCarly , @RokuMary-F , @RokuERey , or @RokuEuniceL to forward issue to appropriate team.  

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, @artsmaven.

Rest assured that the appropriate Roku team has already been informed about this. 

We will conduct further investigation regarding this matter and fix it as soon as possible.

Moreover, thank you, @AvsGunnar, for tagging us. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.