Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dimitri1

Roku randomly open Fandango app

Vudu Fandango keeps randomly opening up. I can’t get past the home screen because it keeps popping up telling me to sign in.

I deleted the Fandango from my Roku app on my phone, thinking it would help. Now it’s popping up asking me to download it.

When I finally got into another app, the notification to exit app appears at the bottom.

The roku device itself looks like a button is constantly being pressed, but my roku remote doesn’t have the Vudu app on it!

HELP ME

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku randomly open Fandango app

The remote is probably malfunctioning in some way or there's something interfering like another remote with a stuck button or sunlight on the front of the Roku.  Try taking the batteries out of the remote and use the app as a remote to see if it still happens.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
nadwmills
Reel Rookie

somebody please help

0 Kudos
nadwmills
Reel Rookie

Does not help

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @nadwmills 

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We came across your post where you inquired for assistance regarding the issue of the Fandango App randomly opening on your Roku device. We'd like to help and resolve the issue.

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the star (*) key on your remote, and choose "Remove channel".
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System Restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to "Streaming Store" on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
  4. You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Once the steps have been performed, kindly check if you notice any improvements.

Let us know.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Corycanny

This did not help. The batteries are out of the remote and it's not even in the same room. I'm using the app to control it. I've tried a factory reset, going through the steps above, complete power of and unplugging the device, and every other thing in every other forum. My TV is completely useless now.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We're grateful for your first post here in the Roku Community, @Corycanny!

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you've encountered with the Fandango app which automatically opens on your Roku device. We'd be happy to help you determine the cause and find you the best resolution possible. 

Before we proceed, kindly provide us with additional details such as follows:

• Does this happen even when you are on the Home screen?
  • Did you try to press random buttons on the Roku mobile app that may have triggered to open the Fandango app?
  • A short video clip of it happening for reference. (You may download the video on Google Drive and provide us with the link to it)

If you prefer to send the video through Private Message, kindly select my username, View Profile, and on the right side of the page, select Send this user a private message.

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Efoote

Please provide an answer to this problem. I am having the same issue. I can start watching for example, Hulu, and it will change to the Fandango screen. I've tried changing batteries, I've removed the app, and reset the Roku device and the Fandango screen still takes over. Why is this happening?! When are y'all going to fix it! Help!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.