Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

Roku Channel problem - July 2023

Anybody having problems with Roku channel having shows with a pixelated or blocky image?  Have seen a few people on here talking about the issue with multiple shows.  I notice it with Coach & The Rifleman, among others.  Have been trying for at least 2 weeks to fix this issue but I guess I will have to quit watching certain shows on this app.  Anybod else? What shows?  Did it ever get fixed for you?  Ty.

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Roku Channel problem - July 2023

@dragonboots2005 

No problem here: Laugh-in OK, outer limits OK, U-571 OK, Rat patrol OK

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @dragonboots2005,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We would be more than happy to look into this issue and we'll need more information. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Does this issue occur specifically on The Roku Channe? If so, what version/build is the channel? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing.

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

I HAVE DONE THIS ALREADY.  I'm not jumping through anymore hoops.  If you read all the comments on here, I am not the only one with this issue.  Your app is not working correctly for a lot of us.  None of the info you are asking for matters & pressing home 27x & blah blah blah.  Again, I have done all this already.  Fix your app.  I'm not trying to be mean or difficult but I am telling you it has ZERO to do with us users ok?  Ask the other ppl on here for info.  I've already done it.  Thanks.

p.s.-  Coach still sucks and is unwatchable with the blocky & blurry images going in & out.  It was NOT like this 3-4 weeks ago if that helps you any.

0 Kudos
dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

It's only the tv shows for me & others on here.  Movies and live channels are fine.

0 Kudos
dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

RokuCarly was the one helping us.  I apologize the thread was in another topic I started regarding the same issue. 

0 Kudos

I turn on tv & am immediately stuck in paramount plus subscription page. Exit, it comes right back. Cannot get to home. Cannot pull up any other channels. Did not subscribe to paramount plus. Tried resetting router, tv, roku. Nothing helped. Help!

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JacquelineM,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having a playback issue with a channel. In some cases, removing the channel and then reinstalling it may help. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below, making sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel again.

• Remove the channel. Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button on your Roku remote to open the Options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  • Restart your Roku device: Home > Settings > System > Power. "If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step." System restart.
  • Reinstall the channel. Visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

Please keep us posted on how it goes!

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

That does not work & we have all told you as much.  For the 100th time:  IT IS ON YOUR END AND THERE IS NOT A SINGLE THING WE -THE VIEWERS- CAN DO(regarding the Roku channel).  How many times do you want us to say this to you?  Ridiculous.  Nevermind, we just won't use the channel until you realise how low the ad views are getting due to 1000s of ppl not using it.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
Reds-Fan
Reel Rookie

Just wanted to add that I stream MLBTv one team. The Reds.

For the last 2 weeks the game has been constantly buffering. I thought that I would also check with Roku and found this immediately. Not necessarily the same issue as all my other streams do not do this. However I only have 4 or 5 other streaming channels. I have yet to hear from MLB. I have the latest Roku stick. This started shortly after I installed it. I also have a 1G internet connection and I connect with the 5g.

It is not on my end. It is either MLB or Roku for sure.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.