Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LCT
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Channel Won't Play Anything At All

Jump to solution

Similar problem-Roku channel will not stream any episodes. Using an Ultra. What a waste!  ALL other channels work. ONLY Roku channel has problem.  Tried all published fixes i could find, software update, reboots of equipment, remove/replace channel, etc. etc. etc.  All to no avail. Sent debug info to Roku--NO Response!

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @LCT,

Thanks for following up on this issue.

We understand you are having difficulties accessing The Roku Channel. 

We're sorry to hear that you're having this experience and we appreciate you for letting us know the troubleshooting steps you've done so far. Just to verify, where are you currently located?

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you in order to resolve this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @MarkRichards,

Thanks for following up on this issue.

We appreciate you letting us know about this issue with The Roku Channel. We apologized for the delay in a solution.

After further review, you previously stated that you are located in Canada. The system recognized that your Roku account is set under a different region. If you are using a Roku account that wasn't originated in the region in which you are using your device, you may encounter issues within a channel. 

Here are a few things to try:

1. What you need to do is to re-create your Roku account. If you plan on using the same email address. You need to deactivate your Roku account and from there you need to re-activate it. For more information about how to create an account, visit our Support page here: How do I create a Roku account? | Official Roku Support Canada
  2. Then link the device again to your account just like you did with the initial setup. You may also refer to this link: How do I activate or link my Roku® streaming device? | Official Roku Support Canada

After ensuring that you are using a Canadian Roku account, can you verify if you are still experiencing the same issue?

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you with your needs as we are committed to finding a solution for this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
avedail
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@LCT Good luck with getting a solution. My Roku stopped working close to 2 1/2 months ago - same situation as yours. I tried all the suggested fixes, provided Roku with all the info they asked for, never heard anything about what, if anything, was being done, just generic "thank you for your patience" posts to this thread. Then suddenly yesterday it was working and is still working today. Never heard any explanation of the problem. I see that you did get a direct response right away so maybe that's a good sign. Maybe they have finally correctly diagnosed the problem, and maybe you'll get yours back quickly. I hope those of us who do finally have access to Roku again will be able to count on it continuing to work. Good luck! 

slinkyaroo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have a roku insignia TV and 2 premiere boxes and the Roku Channel doesn't stream. My son has a 2022 4k stick and it will play the Roku Channel. Same wifi service.

Meet me in Paris will not load for me.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Same issue as Daniel.  Can't play Roku channel. Removed channel... Did a system reset... Added channel.  Even did a factory reset.  Can't find a fix in this thread.  Would love some help on this.

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @StreamWizard

Thanks for letting us know about the playback issue with The Roku Channel. 

Please be advised that we are currently aware of the issue and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely. We'd like to request your details as it will help our team to verify what could be causing the issue. Can you provide with us the information below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • What version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • Where are you currently located
  • What is your IP Address? (from whatismyip.com)
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

We'll keep an eye on your response. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for your patience while we investigated the issue.

At this time, we believe this issue is now resolved. We would recommend trying to see if you are still experiencing an issue and keeping us posted what you find out.

If you are still seeing an issue, please let us know with the pertinent details, and we will be more than happy to investigate further.

Happy Streaming,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I am still experiencing no playing of shows on the roku channel app. I have reinstalled the app, reset the device to default, and I am in Canada. Internet is excellent. Not using any VPN.  Using Roku Ultra (4800 series)  Other apps work fine but not the Roku Channel one. Would appreciate your help to this problem

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Anonymous, 

Thanks for letting us know and we apologize to hear that you are still experiencing the issue. 

We will submit your feedback to the team for review. It looks like this is the first time you have reported the issue, can you provide with us the information below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • The channel version/build (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • The IP address: from whatismyip.com

We appreciate your assistance in this continued investigation.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos