Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
keith_the_mc
Reel Rookie

Roku Channel Won't Play Anything At All

Jump to solution

I launch Roku Channel. I choose a movie, ANY movie. Movie synopsis displays. I choose play. Movie synopsis refreshes and movie does not play. I also have a Roku/Starz subscription. Same thing. Synopsis page just refreshes when I choose play. This happens for EVERY movie on Roku. So at this point NOTHING will play.

I have checked for Roku update. System is up to date. Model 3920X - Roku Premiere, Software Version 11.0.0 build 4193-91

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Channel Won't Play Anything At All

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for your patience while we investigated the issue.

At this time, we believe this issue is now resolved. We would recommend trying to see if you are still experiencing an issue and keeping us posted what you find out.

If you are still seeing an issue, please let us know with the pertinent details, and we will be more than happy to investigate further.

Happy Streaming,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
171 REPLIES 171
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @keith_the_mc,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot channel issues: Follow these steps in order:
1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose 'Remove channel'.
2. Next, restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. (For Roku TV Settings>System>Power>System restart)
3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to 'Streaming Channels' on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.

You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Please try doing this and see if it helps with what you're experiencing.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
keith_the_mc
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Ummm, it's the Roku channel on the Roku device. There is no removing it. It did have an "check for update" option. I selected that. Got a message that Roku channel was updated. Still nothing will play. Restarted system. Still nothing on Roku channel will play. I am even paying for Starz and Discovery+ on Roku and they won't play either.

keith_the_mc
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Also, just did a factory reset. Still nothing on Roku channel will play.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @keith_the_mc,

Thanks for following up.

We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into. Are all other streaming channels playing content normally? If you see something different, can you please let us know what you are seeing? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

The Roku Channel crashing to Roku Home screen

Jump to solution

Hey Danny,

If you still work at Roku, this issue was resolved in June, but now it's happening again and it's October.  Any ETA on when it's going to be fixed?

This is annoying.  Please respond.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: The Roku Channel crashing to Roku Home screen

Jump to solution

@AnnoyedAgain

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?
With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rodunn60

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem. 

I click on channel and it flashes then goes back to home screen

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Rodunn60,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

I have a few questions to better understand the behavior you are seeing: 
1. When did this issue first start occurring? 
2. Do you observe this behavior while using any other channel(s) on your device? 
3. Have you tried removing the channel, restarting your device from Settings>System>Power>System restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step), then once it loads up again, adding the channel back once more to see if that clears things up?
4. What Roku model device are you using?
5. What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing?

Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rodunn60

Jump to solution

Ok, so issue just started today.

Looks like the resetting helped. 

Thank you mary

0 Kudos