Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nadronet
Channel Surfer

Re: REMOVE "CONTINUE WATCHING" FROM MY HOMESCREEN!

That's a bull**bleep** response. You CAN provide us the option to Hide the 'continue watching' feature - just like you provide the option to Hide other features. Quit talking to us like we're a bunch of idiots. I've got 40 years experience as a programmer so I know this is a simple code change. 

Roku obviously doesn't want to put customer concerns before dollars. 

mabgriff
Reel Rookie

@RokuJechealRthis is explicitly a lie. There is currently an issue with the update that added the continue watching and input folder changes. As a result, the update has been temporarily rolled back on TCL TVs. That's concrete proof of what we all know, which is that you own and control the software. You can make the change at any time.

Please stop lying to us.

gmerrill44
Channel Surfer

@RokuJechealR  - Stop lying to us. From the Roku website - ". The Roku OS features a simple, customizable home screen".  Roku claims the home screen is customizable.  It is a GUI which can be modified by Roku or the user.  If Roku won't remove this feature, at least give us the controls to hide it if we don't want it.

Even if, it was true that this was part of the OS, Roku could easily roll back the release which introduced this "feature".  It wasn't there before, it's here now.  If Roku cared about what it's customers thought, it has several options to make them happy.  If they need more suggestions, I would be happy to enlighten them.

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community Users,

We appreciate you giving feedback on this feature!

We would like to let you know that Roku OS 12.5 will start rolling out to supported Roku devices and all Roku TV models. More information about the features launching with Roku OS 12.5 will be available soon. One of the expected features is the option to turn off the Continue Watching. Just go to Settings > Home Screen and change Continue Watching from "show" to "hide".

In the meantime, your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
nadronet
Channel Surfer

Good news!

0 Kudos
mabgriff
Reel Rookie

Credit where it's due, this is great news. I'd like to think this is a result of the overwhelming feedback. It's good that Roku is listening. This is how to keep customers.

gmerrill44
Channel Surfer

@RokuEuniceL, Is there a expected release day for 12.5?

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

There is no fixed day where everybody gets it. It is being rolled out slowly.

0 Kudos
gmerrill44
Channel Surfer

I have 12.5 and see no option to hide Continue Watching.  It did make all of my icons smaller.  Nice way to shut us up for two weeks.

lrein16nc
Channel Surfer

Mine came back so I give up.  The ROKU spies monitor this list so if someone finds & posts about a workaround, Roku just modifies the programming to override the workaround.  You can’t win against the arrogance of those who “think” they know what’s good for users.