Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
toddjensen1701
Channel Surfer

Re: REMOVE "CONTINUE WATCHING" FROM MY HOMESCREEN!

I think Roku forgot to add the turn off feature for continue watching. Or they just don't care. Guessing it's the latter.

0 Kudos
toddjensen1701
Channel Surfer

Re-read the 12.5 post, it is an expected feature. So it's definitely that Roku doesn't care.

0 Kudos
RISE_1
Channel Surfer

@RokuEuniceL I’m replying in this thread too, to try to get a reply. I followed your instructions. My Roku Premiere+ says it has software version 12.5.0 and I still don’t see any way to hide “continue watching” in the home screen section of settings. There is no “continue watching” option anywhere. What is going on here?

0 Kudos
Paleogirl2003
Streaming Star

@Eunice the 12.5 update does not have the ability to turn continue watching off...

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community Users!

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your feedback, and we understand you are all waiting for this expected feature on your Roku device. Please be advised that the option to turn off the Continue Watching feature is being rolled out slowly. Hence, you might have the 12.5 software version but not the option to turn off "Continue Watching" yet. Roku is already working on this.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Sincerely,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
gmerrill44
Channel Surfer

The old, "Let's tell them the same story and see if they believe it a second time" routine.  Sorry, actions speak louder than words.  Fix it!  Why would it be rolled out slowly?!  Do you think we would actually get used the intrusiveness?  That we will just shut up and go away?

0 Kudos
Toomanymovies
Reel Rookie

No reason to slowly roll out when the continue watching hit immediately. 

Where will the "stop watching" festuee be located.

Just fix it already

0 Kudos
toddjensen1701
Channel Surfer

Rollout on removing or making this "feature" an option sure is going slowly. My guess is that it is not going to happen.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

"Slowly" is what Roku does best.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
toddjensen1701
Channel Surfer

So I posted a comment about 32 minutes ago about the update not happening, and about two minutes ago it happened. I can now remove the continue watching from my home screen. I will be polite and say thank you Roku for finally getting it updated.

0 Kudos