Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SM45
Channel Surfer

Re: REMOVE "CONTINUE WATCHING" FROM MY HOMESCREEN!

Your right, it's not a permanent fix, but each time the "Continue Watching banner" shows up, I remove the show with the asterisk button, and then the banner disappears again. What were they thinking? The employees and managers must have come from the Microsoft school of programing, customer satisfaction division. 

mwfawv

Totally agree with the OP. Please allow us to hide this.

mwfawv

"The "Continue Watching" feature on the Roku home screen is part of the Roku Operating System; thus, removing it is impossible."

Um, this response is a bit, I don't know, silly?  The feature was recently added, so it can be removed.  An option to hide it could also be added as a "part of the Roku Operating System". 

toddjensen1701
Channel Surfer

Just here to request the terrible idea that is "continue watching" be removed or let us turn it off. You don't force options like "what to watch" or "featured free", so why is this different. How about an option to let us create our watchlist from these apps, don't force this "feature" on us. 

nadronet
Channel Surfer

Keep this thread going. This feature just popped up on our Roku's yesterday. This is the stupidest feature ever. We go through great lengths to keep our TV safe when our under 6yo grandchildren visit. Now thanks to some idiots at Roku, they have access to shows they shouldn't be watching. We have to now take the extra steps to remove shows from that stupid list.

GIVE US THE OPTION TO HIDE THAT FEATURE!  

nadronet
Channel Surfer

@RokuJohnB 

Your response is unacceptable. You have made adult shows available to children. Provide an option to hide it. 

mabgriff
Reel Rookie

This appeared recently on my TCL TV and I absolutely hate it.

Roku, please give us the option to hide it. "It's part of the operating system" is not an answer. You created the operating system, you added the feature. It's not the laws of physics, it's code you created and can edit at will.

gmerrill44
Channel Surfer

This doesn't have to be removed from the operation system, you can just not display the option.  It's simple programming.  This was the most annoying feature until about 15 mins ago when all my TV inputs were moved into a single icon.  Why are you guys messing with a display that has worked perfectly for years?  Is someone trying to justify their job?  Please set the display back to what worked for years!

Avguser

Stop being a robo-scripted-response and pass along everyone's hate and disdain for this new, "continue watching" garbage,..... Actually, nevermind. I'll be switching to a new platform. The only way to make anyone listen is to mess with their money. No more Roku in my home. Do not reply.

andyross
Roku Guru

If you think Roku is bad, just try a Fire TV or even a generic Google TV device. They are MUCH worse.

0 Kudos