Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Toomyr
Reel Rookie

PlutoTV stopped working a week ago.

I have tried ALL the steps and contacted PlutoTV who says they were elevating my trouble to "The experts" and that was nearly a week ago and no word back yet.

I can not delete the channel and reinstall because when I highlight the icon and hit "star" it tells me I am not connected to the net. I AM CONNECTED! ALL the other apps work fine. I have re-booted as well to no avail. I am not going to do a hard reset, I'm not going through the nonsense of having to input all my stuff again.

So I am blaming PlutoTV but Roku needs to have a way around this issue other than factory resetting, which I hear doesn't work anyway.

7 REPLIES 7
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: PlutoTV stopped working a week ago.

Hi @Toomyr,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We want to further investigate this issue that you're having with the Pluto TV. Are you getting any error messages or codes? Is this the only channel that you're having issues with?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                                John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Toomyr
Reel Rookie

As I mentioned in my email reply, No error codes, when hitting the options key on the remote while the PlutoTV app is highlighted it says "not connected". This is nonsense as I AM connected and all other apps work.

However, last night (MArch 12th) PlutoTV all of a sudden worked. Was there an update sometime yesterday? Strange. We'll see if it works tonight....

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Toomyr,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We're glad to know that your Pluto TV app is working. If it happens again, kindly try restarting your Roku device by going to Settings > System > Power (Skip, if not applicable) > System Restart.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                  Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Toomyr 

Try using the official Roku mobile app. (available in the Play and Apple Stores) if having trouble removing any channel/app from your Roku device.

https://www.roku.com/mobile-app and https://support.roku.com/article/115002681087

----

When in the mobile app, perform a "long press" on the channel/app you want to remove, and select "Remove".

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Toomyr
Reel Rookie

System restart was already tried and did nothing. FYI.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Toomyr,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

If you're still having streaming issues with Pluto TV channel after attempting the troubleshooting steps and the issue persists, please provide us with additional information so we can escalate it to the appropriate Roku team.

1. Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  2. What is the version or build of your Pluto TV channel? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button.)
  3. Tracker ID. When you see this issue, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID.
  4. Photo of the running issue as our reference.

We are eager to hear from you and investigate this matter further. Thank you!

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                        Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Toomyr
Reel Rookie

I already mentioned that when I tried highlighting the PlutoTV app and pressing the asterisk I got a "not connected" message. I AM CONNECTED.

However after a few more days it started working again.

Be advised, when I contacted PlutoTV they were useless. They escalated me up the chain after a few emails to their "experts" and they never got back to me after 8 days at all. 

0 Kudos