Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ortaldo

Paramount+ with Showtime?

Hello I subscribed to Paramount+ with Showtime bundle but when I click on the Yellow Jackets show it is tying to get me to subscribe for a year. Any ideas?

22 REPLIES 22
Ajrice2

Re: Paramount+ with Showtime?

Yeah I signed up for the Paramount+ plus Showtime bundle this evening and Showtime does not work at all.  All of the Showtime videos have a lock image on the bottom right of the screen.  When I click it, it asks me to upgrade my bundle to the service that I already have!

When I logged onto the Showtime website, it showed that my account was linked to an expired Spotify membership.  So I logged onto Spotify and removed/unlinked Showtime from it.  Although this update was made immediately on Spotify, it never updated on Showtime after an extended duration.

To troubleshoot, I ended up deleting the Showtime account linked to Spotify, thinking I could just recreate the account and link it up to Paramount+.  However, there is absolutely no option to do so.

I tried checking the Paramount+ settings on the Roku menu, the App, and via a web browser and none of them provided any information on getting the Showtime membership sync’d up and working.  So I cancelled my membership, knowing I may be paying a full month without getting access to Showtime at all.  

I also tried using the help center/support at both Paramount+ and Showtime, but they are both terrible and not helpful at all.

GA_Motown

Same issue here. I reset my device to factory. Re-logged in. Same issue. Just cancelled both.

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

If you subscribed to Showtime through Paramount+, access it through Paramount+  (menu on left side of screen).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
ScottB2

Cancelled mine as well.  When I went to watch Showtime, it tried to make me switch from monthly enrollment to a yearly enrollment.  I'm not working hard to give them my money. 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @ScottB2

Welcome to the Roku Community. 

We're sorry to hear about your experience. To turn off auto-renew and cancel subscriptions purchased with Roku Pay or through The Roku Channel, go to Manage your subscriptions in your Roku account. For more information about this, visit our Support page here: How to unsubscribe, cancel, or turn off auto-renew for a subscription

If you need additional support, for account & billing concerns, it may be more effective to get help from our Billing team. You can contact them here: then choose 'Account, payments & subscription'. They are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Smiley88

Re: Paramount+ with Showtime Bundle?

Nimfa or anyone at Roku,

Is there any fix to the original problem that Ortaldo wrote about in this post?....

"Hello I subscribed to Paramount+ with Showtime bundle but when I click on the Yellow Jackets show it is tying to get me to subscribe for a year. Any ideas?"

or Ajrice2's post....

"Yeah I signed up for the Paramount+ plus Showtime bundle this evening and Showtime does not work at all.  All of the Showtime videos have a lock image on the bottom right of the screen.  When I click it, it asks me to upgrade my bundle to the service that I already have!"

When I log into Paramount+ on my iPhone or any other non-Roku TV, it actually works and I can watch the Showtime movies.....Just not on my Roku TV's.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Smiley88,

Saw your post!

We understand that you are facing an issue when accessing a Showtime subscription to your Roku TV. We're sorry if you are having these difficulties.

Could you please verify if the issue you are running into is when you're accessing the content of Showtime standalone or through The Roku Channel?

Please be noted that existing subscriptions from the Standalone channel or directly from the publisher cannot be used to view premium content through The Roku Channel.

If the issue you are experiencing is directly from the Showtime standalone or directly from the publisher, it's best to reach out directly to get the channel going on your Roku. They can resolve the error you are having with the channel login. Please be noted that Roku doesn't manage channel logins or authentication and many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach them here: help.showtime.com

Keep us posted and we'll continue assisting from there if needed.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gcbjkufxxf

This doesn’t work. It just goes to screens where it tries to force you to sign up for the bundle again. 

Gcbjkufxxf

I am a different person, but having the same problem. This happens when I am trying to access the Showtime Contant on the Paramount plus channel from my Roku.

It tries to force me to sign up for the bundle again, and I can’t do anything else.