Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Paramount+ with Showtime Bundle?

Hi @Gcbjkufxxf

Thank you for the post.

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble accessing Showtime content on the Paramount+ channel from your Roku device. It sounds like you may be experiencing a technical issue with the app.

One possible solution is to try logging out of both the Paramount+ and Showtime apps on your Roku, and then logging back in to see if that resolves the issue.

You could also try to completely uninstall the Paramount+ channel and then reinstall it. We suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

We hope it helps!

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Mreberry
Reel Rookie

Same issue.  With so many having this issue it is obviously a Paramount+/Showtime/Roku issue.  None of them know how to fix it as nobody is addressing the issue, just recycling the previous answers that dont help.  Total garbage do not waste your money.  

andyross
Roku Guru

On June 27, Showtime material will be merged into Paramount+, similar to the recent HBO Max/Discovery+ merger. There will be no separate Showtime subscription and the separate Showtime app will be disabled/removed. As a regular Paramount+ subscriber, I can already see the Showtime material in the catalog, but cannot play it.

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Forgot to add that I subscribe DIRECTLY with Paramount+, and not through Roku. Subscribing through a 3rd party can cause all sorts of weird problems.

Mreberry
Reel Rookie

Neglected to mention, it works seamlessly through the Amazon Fire Stick so 100% a Roku issue.  Time to switch out all my Roku units.  

MorgyDoviken
Reel Rookie

I, too, am a subscriber of Paramount+ with Showtime that is billed through my Roku and have the locks on all of the Showtime movies and shows. It asks me to upgrade to the yearly plan when the monthly plan is enough. I am able to watch Showtime stuff on the Paramount app on my phone and Xbox. I only seem to have this issue with My Roku. I've restarted the Roku several times, made sure everything is on the most current t update, etc. Nothing is working. How do you fix being able to watch Showtime when you've already purchased it?

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MorgyDoviken,

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community!

We understand you're having trouble accessing Showtime content on the Paramount+ channel from your Roku device.

One possible solution is to try logging out of both the Paramount+ and Showtime apps on your Roku and then logging back in to see if that resolves the issue.

You could also try to uninstall the Paramount+ channel and then reinstall it completely. We suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and reinstalling it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

Please keep us posted on what you find out!

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RobinG

I'm having the same issue. Paid for Paramount+ SHOWTIME last night and all the SHOWTIME shows are locked. I cannot uninstall Paramount from my Roku TV for some reason (very odd) and I've restarted my TV umpteen billion times. Still can't watch SHOWTIME. VERY FRUSTRATED! Waste of money!

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @RobinG,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand you are having an issue with the Showtime channel where shows are locked.
In order to resolve this, it's best to reach out directly to get the channel going on your Roku, as they can resolve the error you are having with the channel. Please note that Roku doesn't manage channel logins or authentication, and many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider.

Please keep us posted if you need further assistance or clarification.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MorgyDoviken
Reel Rookie

I'm not having problems with the Showtime channel. I'm having issues with the Paramount+ channel where you can watch Showtime through that app. So, why would I contact Paramount about an app that already works besides the Showtime portion? Plus they direct us to Roku for the issue. So now what?

0 Kudos