Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jellis
Channel Surfer

Paramount plus is crashing

Jump to solution

Worked yesterday but today as soon as I choose anything on Paramont Plus it goes back to Roku page on my TV. No issue on my phone. I restarted Roku and deleted the channel and re-added, but no success. 

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
jellis
Channel Surfer

Re: Paramount plus is crashing

Jump to solution

I did the remove channel and did the system restart. When I added the channel I saw they did do a version update with today’s date. It is now working if you follow the instructions. 
thank you

View solution in original post

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for your patience while we investigated the issue.

We believe this issue is now resolved.

Please keep us posted if you are still experiencing an issue and we will look further into the issue.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
47 REPLIES 47
LS53

Jump to solution

Mine is also doing that. On my ROKU express. I have tried everything to fix it! Uninstalled and reinstalled, updated ROKU and the channel itself, unplugged it, re booted internet, nothing is working! 

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

After removing a channel, best practice is to restart your Roku to clear its memory cache before reinstalling the channel. Without the restart you may not get a clean reinstall.

Depending on your Roku model and Roku version number you'll find the System restart option under either Settings > System > Power or under Settings > System.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
LS53

Jump to solution

Ok. I removed the channel, did a restart on the ROKU and it is still not working. As soon as you go to play something it kicks you out of the app and puts you back into your home in ROKU. 

jellis
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I’ve done that exactly. Twice. The other channels I have no issue. I even checked updates nothing. 

0 Kudos
jellis
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Noticed when reinstalling says that channel has a new version dated yesterday Dec 8 2022

0 Kudos
LS53

Jump to solution

I have no issues with the other apps/stations either. Just Paramount+ and it just started yesterday. That is the one I use the most. Not sure what else to do or where to go with it. 

Redwagon2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem. Tried most everything has pros have advised with out any success.

Paramount plus is my go to channel, frustrating. What is the fix?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thank you for reporting this issue to Roku Community!

We would like to know how to identify and resolve any playback issues. I have a few questions to better understand the behavior you are seeing:

1. When did this issue first start occurring?
  2. Do you observe this behavior while using any other channel(s) on your device?
  3. Have you tried removing the channel, restarting your device from Settings>System>Power>System restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step), then once it loads up again, adding the channel back once more to see if that clears things up?
  4. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Jmfarr1026

Re: Uninstall and reinstall

Jump to solution

Last time i had issues with P+ i could remove the channel and reinstall it on my roku tv and as of today i cannot.  i was trying to fix because i cannot get live tv on my P+ via my roky tv!! The P+ app works on my android phone but not my roku tv WHY ALL OF A SUDDEN?!?!? 

0 Kudos