Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jellis
Channel Surfer

Re: Paramount plus is crashing

Jump to solution

I did the remove channel and did the system restart. When I added the channel I saw they did do a version update with today’s date. It is now working if you follow the instructions. 
thank you

saturn1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks very much for your helpful answer. Although I tried this 3 times before without success, this time it worked!

I'm very puzzled that this worked though. The software version listed today is the same one that wouldn't work yesterday....11.5.0. 🤔

0 Kudos
RedOscar
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just signed up for Paramount+ today.  We have both a Roku3 and a Roku Ultra.  I first tried installing the Paramount+ app on the Roku3 and am experiencing the same problem as the OP.  Uninstalling/Restarting/Reinstalling has not helped the situation.  However, when I installed on our Roku Ultra, the app worked perfectly and played the movie without any issue.

Has the Roku3 reached EOL (end of life) and is no longer being supported?  It looks as if the Paramount+ versions are both dated 20221206.

Other than being unable to view videos, the Paramount+ app appears to be functioning normally.  Hoping to get this channel working correctly on the Roku3 (it's actually on our most used TV).

dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I tried that and it did not fix the problem.  I guess Paramount & Roku DGAF to fix it - it's been 2 days on both of my Rokus

0 Kudos
dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I first noticed the issue early Friday morning 12/9/22.  Tonight I deleted the app, restarted my Roku & added the app again.  It is still not working.  Everything looks normal until you click any title to play ('watch now').  LiveTV also does not work.  All the app does is kick us out to the Roku main menu.  Please fix it's been 2 days.  This is ridiculous.  Paramount+ has always been a buggy app even when it was CBS All Access.  FIX PLEASE 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are still experiencing an issue after removing the channel, restarting your Roku device, and then adding the channel back again, can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RedOscar
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

Thank you for responding to my issue.  I have recorded the information you requested.  Should I report the results on this forum, or send to a private message center?

I will be awaiting your reply.

Red Oscar

0 Kudos

Re: Paramount plus is STILL crashing Monday 12/12/2022

Jump to solution

I have done all the restart ROKU, deleting app, restart ROKU. Paramount+ works on both laptop/chrome as well as on iPhone.

12 DEC 2022 Issue as of East Coast  Morning:

Paramount+ shows won’t play. Can open app. When we select a program to play, we are immediately returned to ROKU Home Screen. Over & Over.

As of Mon 12/12/2022 10:29 AM East:

Still will not play.

Has not played since yesterday Sunday 11 Dec 2022 Midday & Evening - though we had not accessed Paramount+ on Thursday or Friday either

Additional Note:

Past several months (3-6) we have also experienced issues on Paramount+ when start a show in App, video but no sound. Backing out of app 1-2x solved that

Paramount+ App Info:

• Paramount+ channel updates are up to date
  • Paramount+ build: version 7.9 build 20221206

MODEL:          4200X- ROKU 3

SW Version:    11.5.0.4235-04

Device ID:      4124D2093199

Actions Taken:

Reset ROKU

Deleted Paramount+ App

Reset ROKU

Added Paramount+ App

Reset ROKU

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RedOscar
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@NuggetsMama 

Looks as if we have the same device and are suffering the same problem.  I just signed up with Paramount+ last week and observed the issue immediately upon trying to watch a video.  I have sent requested information to @RokuDanny-R and hopefully Roku or Paramount will get this problem fixed, resolving both of our issues.  Good luck.

Red Oscar

0 Kudos
dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Day 4.  I would contact Roku but they ALWAYS say contact the app because they don't want to own up to anything.  The app seemed ok until Roku installed another update.  That's NOT a coincidence.  So Roku employees if you are reading this:  FIX YOUR SH**!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanx